Non Lead Bullets

Val

Beginner
Oct 30, 2004
Are they available yet? If so, where can I purchase them. Need to develop a non-lead round for Southern California hunting.

The Midway internet catalog lists a 150 grain e-tip. Is this an error? Midway does not list a 180 grain e-tip.

Anyone have any load data for the 180 grain E-Tip in 30-06 or 300 RUM?
Thanks.

When the barnes X came out I got some, shot some and still got some. The non lead bullets cost $.75 ea! Why?

I would like to use them but I can get the other bullets for a fraction of the cost.

Savage99":1n17p3fi said:
When the barnes X came out I got some, shot some and still got some. The non lead bullets cost $.75 ea! Why?

I would like to use them but I can get the other bullets for a fraction of the cost.

As of Friday at closing....

Copper = $3.20 a pound
Lead = $1.15 pound (glad to see it going back down)

Big differnce in price of material equals higher prices.

Thanks to Arnold & the tree-huggers (and against the recommendation of the CA DFG) I too have to work up some loads for non-leaded bullets. I just purchased some 140 gr. Barnes TSX for my .270 Win & I must say not too happy about the $35 a box when I can get reliable Accubonds for less than that. Hopefully I can get the handloads to shoot better than the VitalShok factory ammo because those shot like crap out of my M700 (trust me, it was the ammo, not the rifle or shooter). When can I get some .277 E-Tips???

I hope Nosler ramps up new e-tip cal, and weight introductions.I am afraid the hand writing is on the wall and all of California will be lead free soon. :x

USMCDM24":2j2cg2su said:
Thanks to Arnold & the tree-huggers (and against the recommendation of the CA DFG) I too have to work up some loads for non-leaded bullets. I just purchased some 140 gr. Barnes TSX for my .270 Win & I must say not too happy about the $35 a box when I can get reliable Accubonds for less than that. Hopefully I can get the handloads to shoot better than the VitalShok factory ammo because those shot like crap out of my M700 (trust me, it was the ammo, not the rifle or shooter). When can I get some .277 E-Tips???

The DFG directors voted 3 to 1 not only for the ban but to include
22 RIMFIRE, which wasn't in the original proposal. Don't give them a
free ride!

Back