Nosler 48

Vince

Handloader
May 26, 2012
Ordered a Model 48 today in .338 Win Mag.
24" magnesium colored barrel with a muzzle brake on a slate grey stock. Custom LOP. Talley steel base and rings for my Zeiss scope.
I saved a little money in that I didn't want their scope or sling. I'm looking forward to this one. It was about half of what Pat Holehan would've charged me to build something very similar using my Model 70 action.
As much as I lust after one of Pat's rifles I just can't justify it for myself. Here's hoping the Model 48 is everything I dream of it being.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I think you will be very happy and the only issue is the wait! Waiting will drive Ya nuts but will be worth the wait, BTW Congrats!!

(y) ...good things come to those who wait! It'll be there before you know it...my wait wasn't that bad, gave me time to sort out the particulars (bullets, brass, powders, etc.)...word is I'll have mine in about 2-3 weeks (last week of Nov.)

They told me three to six months. I told them closer to six is better.

Congratulations, Vince; that sounds like a solid move on your part.

Thanks.
Going to sell some stuff that I don't use to help replace the funds I used to buy this.
I'm getting particular about what I'll keep these days.

LOL...I know the feeling.

I'm still selling stuff to pay for mine....the list so far of things I've sold:

The M70 action (my 30-06), the McMillan stock, the bottom metal to the M70, Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44 scope, Redding National match die set, 95 pieces of Lapua brass (30-06), a SureFire X300 Ultra weapon light, bullets (forget how many), 45-70 dies, a Marlin 30-30, a Springfield XD45 fullsize, and I believe a few other things that I can't think of right now...but the M48 is paid for, and I'm looking forward to it!!!

Yes it is Darkhorse. :)
All my rifles are left handed these days.

Sounds like a good choice they seem to be very accurate and dependable. That custom sounds really expensive :shock:

Oh Nosler how about a LH Patriot some time soon :)

I had a little mad money lying around from a settlement I was awarded.

..I thought Nosler had made a .48 Nosler caliber when I read the headline to this post..:)
I was instantly thinking "Oh bad...a .474cal...whatta dude they have now come up with"...

.474 Nosler, maybe a necked down .505 Gibbs perhaps? :)

I'm tickled with this order. I just hope it shoots the Barnes 210 grain TSX BT and the Nosler CT Ballistic Tip well with IMR 4350.

If I ever win the lottery I'm going to get the rifle I really want.
It's a Pat Holehan on a Model 70 action with a Bastogne Walnut stock and some engraving and gold inlay. Anybody got a spare $20,000 they don't need?

Ridgerunner665":3rff5bdh said:
LOL...I just realized who you are "over there"...I'm slow sometimes.
LOL! [emoji106] [emoji482]

It took me a bit to figure out who you were too.

Now I'm thinking I might want to change the stock color.
Time to go play with the Gun Builder feature and see if I like different color options.

Vince":1ozy45ay said:
They told me three to six months. I told them closer to six is better.

When I tell people that it shows up next week!

Back