Nosler E-Tips in .257 Roberts seem to be a winner

Scrumbag

Beginner
Feb 22, 2021
Hi folks,

Well, lloks like the E-tip performs well enough on the smallest species of UK deer, the Muntjac. 2 successful kills over last weekend. Now I just wish I could find enough of them to do some proper load development. I have a load shooting about 1" but I think there is more there if seating depth is played with a bit. They do seem to do better loaded long though - I'm loading mine ~2.93"

Scrummy

Just if people are interested I'm loading 43.6gr Viht N150 and a Federal 215M primer.

Use at your own risk,.

Scrummy

I like the E-Tip for moose and elk. It works very well for large-bodied mule deer as well.
If I could get them here I'd try them in my 9.3x62 for wild boar and maybe bigger things too but largely unobtainium.

Scrummy

The 55gr .224 e-tip treats me really well for varmints also. There are 2 holes in the hide but is actually very pelt friendly. Every coyote and a bobcat were dead before their chin hit the ground. It’s been an off switch.

The 55gr .224 e-tip treats me really well for varmints also. There are 2 holes in the hide but is actually very pelt friendly. Every coyote and a bobcat were dead before their chin hit the ground. It’s been an off switch.
I have a load for them in my .223 Rem as well. Might well try them on a Chinese Water Deer in the next few weeks

Back