Nosler M 48 Identification Help

BigSky1

Beginner
Feb 18, 2016
I recently purchased a Nosler rifle on gunbroker.com. It was represented to me to be a Nosler Trophy Grade Rifle. When I received it, the rifle is clearly a Nosler M48. It does not, however, have "Trophy Grade Rifle" stamped in the barrel as my other TGRs do and it is not a grey cerakote. The metal is black in color and the only identification is M48. It has a blind magazine with a dark grey stock with black webbing. Can anybody help me identify this particular M48 model. Yes, I have sent an inquiry to Nosler customer service. Thanks in advance.

Can you post up some pics?

Nosler has only made 5 or 6 models and the primary differences are the stock.

I will try to get some pictures sometime this week hodgeman when I get back home. The stock is exactly like the stock on my other Trophy grade rifles. The only apparent differences are that all metal is black and the words Trophy Grade Rifle are not stamped in the barrel.

Since I posted the inquiry, I thought I owed it to anybody who looked or responded to fill in the blanks. I got off the phone with Mike at Nosler about a minute ago. It is a TGR. Apparently after the TGR was no longer a catalogued item, "Trophy Grade Rifle" was no longer stamped. Black cerakote was probably requested by the buyer. I did indeed receive a TGR.

Thanks for the follow up!

That is a very nice rifle- enjoy and post up some groups and dead critters!

Back