Not Nosler, but....

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
I was able to purchase a scope I thought might be interesting (Bushnell Elite 4500 6-24) and ended up putting it on a Remington 700 17 Remington.
When I removed the previous scope (Weaver K856) I found the rear scope base had a little movement to it and I couldn’t get it tight. Put a new Leupold base and rings on it and got it on paper at 50 yards the other day with some old reloads.
Yesterday I got a chance to try it at 100 yards and grabbed the same box of Hornady loads as I was just going to try to get it close to where I wanted it.
Now keep in mind, this shaky old guy calls it a good day when I can get three under an inch at 100, so for me this has been a successful endeavor.
I’ve got some Nosler loaded up and am looking forward to trying them out.
9ad1c49ceb5cd50013f40de909bb862b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey, that'll work! 4 of those look pretty tight, but any 1 of the 5 would give a groundhog a bad day.

Looks good. This reminds me of the first time I ever saw a 17 Rem. caliber rifle personally which was a loooooog time ago. Fellow had LOTS of money and was always having new rifles built and spared no $$$ on them. I was living in eastern NC at the time and he invited me to one of his BIG farms to shoot ground hogs. He brings out his custom built 17 Rem. . It was built on a Remington XP pistol action and was set in a full length Mannlicher style stock that was made from blond tiger stripped maple. He shot a ground hog and then he said come with me. When we got to the ground hog he told me to see if I could find a bullet hole in it. Since it was standing up facing us when he shot I looked at it's chest. I found what looked like a pin prick of a hole. He then took out his knife and slit the hide open. The inside of that ground hog was jelly from neck to butt.

Back