Quick range trip 850 yards

Maybe NF made the reticle subtension for the MAX magnification for all of the scopes you have???
Contacting NF would answer any questions
Other brands use different kinds of mark for SFP reticles

Maybe NF made the reticle subtension for the MAX magnification for all of the scopes you have???
Contacting NF would answer any questions
Other brands use different kinds of mark for SFP reticles
NightForce emailed me back, 35X is the max magnification for the 7-35x56, if reducing to 17.5X because of mirage, etc, then each line is 2 MOA. If dialing down to between 35 and 17.5, then I got to do the Math to get the exact MOA per line. Example, Dialing down to 25X will be 35 divided by 25 = 1.4 MOA per line. Doing this will cloud my judgement for an exact POI at a certain distance, its more simple to dial down to 17.5X and MOA is double per line, so I won't lose any brain cells over it. I could pick a coupe of magnifications that I will use to reduce mirage and get the numbers typed on a small chart, l'll check this on some 1 inch graph paper soon.

EDIT ; I didn't read to the end of the thread , before replying . I see nightforce got back with you .

Mark , I do use max power to set my focus , but that doesn't mean the reticle is true at that setting . what caught my attention was you using a kestrel for your dope , and going to use the reticle on a SFP scope . I wanted to point out the reticle changing with the power settings . I use my reticle , at any power , to measure a splash in the dirt to the center of target and hold that amount on the reticle , this works perfectly . now if I were to measure with the reticle and then dial that amount , I would have to have the reticle set on the true power setting . to me it's important info that you should know . Nightforce should be able to tell you this . when you find out , let me know what power setting is a true reticle .

I looked through my booklet , but it does not have info for the ATACR scopes .

P5230580.JPG P5230578.JPG P5230577.JPG P5230576.JPG

Back