Old buck

seokladuckin

Beginner
Mar 21, 2021
Looks over 10 , I saw him 2 days ago but couldn't really get a clear view. Waited till front came through and wind was right, slipped in there way before daylight and climbed a sweet gun tree 25 or 30 feet so it would be silent climbing.

Right on queue he came through checking his rub line and turned broadside at about 6 yards .

Buck was in horrible shape, spine and hip bones visible , had broken leg at some point that had healed ,
Large bases but just a 4 point .
My son said I did him a favor ..

Oldest buck I ever killed
I don't think it's edible

Bow kill BTW

And my final buck tag . Time for my wife to kill a few
14d05edfda16429d8a44bac8c1234563.jpg
9a5562a0de5fc923a06fb45ff7af5d5f.jpg
e40e0df9918b5c9e909b21acde01fdde.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

wvbuckbuster":1kcm8rem said:
Congratulations on a unique looking trophy. Dan.
Thank you.

Got a buck tag you could spare a poor old retiree LOL

str8meat":1767rjr5 said:
Any animal is a trophy, but when you harvest of that age class they are special.
Thanks.

With a bow ,

But that old rascal killed my final tag and I know where another old buck is hanging out .

Going to put wife on him tomorrow.

Congratulations on taking that wise old buck.

JD338

Those bucks don’t grow old by being dumb.
You done well.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice! Looks like an old mature deer with a really cool set of horns. Funny how similar it looks to an 8 year old mule deer I shot a couple years ago. A 2x3 with no brow tines and the 3rd hint is barely a point at about 1 1/2 " long. I've gotten two bucks like that over the years. The other one was a 3x4 but just like yours and mine were just essentially very large 2 point bucks. Congratulations.

Back