Old Iron, Winchester 52

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
I don't have any fancy new rimfires, just an old Marlin and an old Winchester. I shoot both of those rifles quite a bit. Had the Winchester out today. Snowy day at the range. Thought I'd share some photos of the old rifle. Grandpa & Dad competed with the Winchester, I just use it for target practice.

IMG_2590.jpg

IMG_2592.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

Put about 100 rounds through it today; prone, sitting and standing. All at 50 yards. Snowing too hard for the longer ranges. The old 20x Lyman is still pretty sharp.

Regards, Guy

That is one NEAT looking old rifle and scope. It doesn't even look like it's been scratched or abused...... WOW :shock:

Guy,

Very nice!
I bet she still shoots as good as when she was new.

JD338

Guy, is that the 52c ? , i noticed that it has a clip. I know some gentleman that still compete with the 52's. I had a 52d at one time that was a single shot that was extremely accurate.

Nice rifle! No wonder you have so much fun at the range! Never even looked through a scope like that. CL

There are some great memories for many people looking at these pictures. That is a sweet looking rig and will make many nostalgic.

Cool Rifle guy. When wearing a hat like that, you can't help but shoot well! Scotty

We shot the Winchester 52's when I was on the University Rifle Team. I've had one on my wish list ever since. They are great rifles.

Back