Pac Nor Barrels

jmad_81

Handloader
Feb 14, 2007
I Built a 280 AI with a 24" 3 groove #4 fluted stainless super match Pac Nor on it. Their customer service was great, the barrel looks awesome, and it shoots lights out with about anything I feed it. Any barrels I buy in the future will be from them for sure!

Some Load work with RL-17 and the 140 NBT
IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

140 BT & RL-22
IMAG0058.jpg

160 AB
P9240063.jpg

100_3288.jpg

Break in shots 10, 11, and 12
100_3279.jpg

100_3333.jpg

100_3286.jpg

Last years bull. 420 yards 160 AB through the heart.
100_3307.jpg

I built a 378 WBY based on a MKv using a pac-nor. Great accuracy.

They did my 338-06 and while I haven't had a chance to dial mine in like I want to, the potential looks great in my barrel as well.

I have a 30-06 that won't shoot much better than 1.25 - 1.5" that I am thinking about rebarrelling but I have no idea what to do. I have a .280 and .338-06 so I pretty much have any animal I'll ever hunt covered.

Scott Spencer":1ol0s0al said:
They did my 338-06 and while I haven't had a chance to dial mine in like I want to, the potential looks great in my barrel as well.

I have a 30-06 that won't shoot much better than 1.25 - 1.5" that I am thinking about rebarrelling but I have no idea what to do. I have a .280 and .338-06 so I pretty much have any animal I'll ever hunt covered.

25-06 would be a cool add on to your Rugers! Scotty

Pac-nor makes accurate barrels. I also have 3 grove 12 twist Supermatch on my 308. I'm waiting for my Model 70 - 300 Win Mag which is going to be wearing a Polygonal Pac-Nor tube also.

beretzs":27njre2q said:
You are probably right, Scotty. I've considered the .257 Roberts, 257 Wty, and the 25-06. Seems like the '06 may be the way to go ballistically. I just don't know when or where I'll ever shoot a smaller caliber than my .280. :( Maybe I ought to just sell my M70 on gunbroker and be done with it?

Scott Spencer":3nfxzx0f said:
beretzs":3nfxzx0f said:
You are probably right, Scotty. I've considered the .257 Roberts, 257 Wty, and the 25-06. Seems like the '06 may be the way to go ballistically. I just don't know when or where I'll ever shoot a smaller caliber than my .280. :( Maybe I ought to just sell my M70 on gunbroker and be done with it?

Man, that would be a cool build on the M70. You could always do the 6.5-06 Scott. That would get you in the 6.5 club! Plus, in all actuality, the 6.5's really rule the roost on excellent bullets. Scotty

Just got of the phone with Pac Nor, and I would also like to add to this that Penny that works there is a top notch gal as well :wink: Great customer service!

I agree. When I built my custom Penny did help me out a lot.

jmad_81":39z15yu2 said:
Just got of the phone with Pac Nor, and I would also like to add to this that Penny that works there is a top notch gal as well :wink: Great customer service!
Another fan of Penny. She guided me and kept me apprised of my progress all along when they built my 338-06. I hope to shoot it in the morning, finish breaking in the barrel, and will hopefully be able to post some photos the next couple of days.

A little late but my 35 Whelen that is being built will have a Pac Nor super match #4 contoured barrel. It has only been a month but I can't wait to get it :mrgreen: and hopefully get a crack at a cow elk this December during the special draw season here in Saskatchewan.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":3rmaxvon said:
...and hopefully get a crack at a cow elk this December during the special draw season here in Saskatchewan.
Best of luck on the cow elk and the new barrel, Dan

Scott Spencer":244sqk24 said:
beretzs":244sqk24 said:

How about something just a little bit different, but would fit the platform you are working with and would be a bolt of lightning for coyotes, gophers, deer, sheep, and antelope? Maybe a 6mm-06 would be just the ticket! Very simple to form brass from 25-06 cases. I've always been kind of intrigued by the thought of having one. My father gave me an old 03-A3 action that a friend of his (so called gunsmith) many moons ago was going to turn into a 308 Norma magnum but it never got finished. I don't own any custom guns and have always thought it would be neat to have at least one that was just a little bit off mainstream. Only problem is I think this guy butchered the action enough that it's unuseable. :twisted: :evil: I have not had a professional look at it but I should as that's what's been holding me back.
Anyway good luck on your decision. This is fun isn't it!
David

Should be getting my Pac Nor 24" #4 stainless super match any day now. I'll be sure to add some pics once I get through break-in, but I expect nothing but excellent performance.

+1 to pleasant dealings with Penny.

Even if a guy were to do something a little less than intelligent like sending your dummy rounds in a regular envelope ( :oops: ) so they almost get lost when the envelope gets a hole torn in it during transit (at least this hypothetical guy had enough sense to put them in a ziploc inside of the envelope), I'm sure that she would be able to not sound too incredulous at the inneptitude of said person. She's great!

atm

Back