Partition vs Accubond

180 PT in the '06
180 AB in the 300 WSM

Why? Seems the pointed bullets would fly and the WSM makes them fly

'06 - the old stand bye and the proven bullet

Interesting rationale, orchemo. To be certain, either will work, and work well.

Elkman":1qk5gcg5 said:
Having never fired one round loaded with an AB at one head of big game I am at a disadvantage in this discussion. Butttttttttttt having used the 180 PT in an 06, 300 WM and a 300 B to take way more big game than I will admit, I would use nothing else. It is the standard for controlled expansion bullets, there are some perhaps equal, but few better.

Actually, there are only two classes of people posting here: Those who use Partitions, and those who wish they had.

I could'nt have said it better. My Win Mod 70 30-06 with the 180 gr Partitions has never let me down. All animals that have been hit with this bullet have dropped pretty much where they stood. I have never tried the AccuBond, and was considering trying until after info gathered I really was not going to gain anything that I did not already have. A great shooting fantastic bullet. That said I don't think you will go wrong shooting any Nosler bullet! Period!!

Wondering how the 160gr. Partitions work in the 270wsm. Has anybody tried yet? I normally load the 140gr. Accubonds but have a box of 160gr. Partitions laying on the shelf.

You can get 3050+ out of it with RL22 or IMR 7828 SSC. With a BC of .434, it should fly just fine, holding energy to 500 yards or so.

300 H&H":xvzpuret said:
Wondering how the 160gr. Partitions work in the 270wsm. Has anybody tried yet? I normally load the 140gr. Accubonds but have a box of 160gr. Partitions laying on the shelf.

I have a box of 160's as well but no 270......yet :) people that have tried them on bigger game have very good things to say in the standard 270 Win or the WSM and Weatherby. Charlie is right you should be able to get over 3000 fps with them in your WSM pretty impressive speed for a .298 s.d. bullet, should penetrate deep.

I think I would like to try them one of these days. I would think the 270WSM should get them speeding along at an easy 3000 or better. My problem is I don't think they would do anything any better than the 150 PT's do for me right now. Still doesn't stop me from wondering though!

Back