Patriot vs Liberty?

Picking up my Patriot in the morning. I bought it from Bud's Gun Shop online. 270 Winchester if anyone has any comments or insight of what to expect. Please comment it will be appreciated. Thanks Mike

Mike- you'll love it!

I've been hunting with a Nosler 48 since 2006... easily my favorite hunting rifle. I would expect the Patriot is no different in that regard. I'd suggest you spend the dough to equip it with a top notch scope and go fill some tags.

I believe your rifle will have a Rifle Basix trigger- mine has the Basix trigger after the safety on my Timney went south. I like the Basix better except that the 3rd position isn't there (not really a big deal).

My rifle likes Trophy Grade ammo and Federal Blue Box. The is a noticeable degradation in accuracy with max loads but that's a load preference. Post up some photos and let us know how it shoots!

Sorry mike06 I have not been on site much in the last month or so as I have been basically on the go since the first week of August :wink:.
I am sure you are going to love your new rifle as I believe all Nolser products are top shelf (y).
Are you going shoot factory ammo or are you a reloader? There is so much knowledge here regarding on the 270win :wink:!
I have been loading for that particular calibre for almost 45 years!!
If you have some time let us know what glass you have decided to go with & a few photos would make us all drool :mrgreen:.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":2xlxriws said:
Sorry mike06 I have not been on site much in the last month or so as I have been basically on the go since the first week of August :wink:.
I am sure you are going to love your new rifle as I believe all Nolser products are top shelf (y).
Are you going shoot factory ammo or are you a reloader? There is so much knowledge here regarding on the 270win :wink:!
I have been loading for that particular calibre for almost 45 years!!
If you have some time let us know what glass you have decided to go with & a few photos would make us all drool :mrgreen:.

Blessings,
Dan
Here here! Very nice. As noted, what good is this place without pictures. H4831SC with Federal Magnum primers behind a 130 gr. AccuBond or Partition, or E-tip.

I have been reloading for 25 + years 223 and 308 were my only 2 calibers until I bought a 270 Savage Axis last year. I always wanted to try a 270 because they shoot fast and flat. I have put about 30 rounds thru the Patriot so far with the most being barrel breakin procedure. So far it is just awesome. Under 1 inch groups right off with 53.5 grs. of IMR 4350 130 gr. Nosler BT and CCI BR2 primers have plenty. 85% of my equipment is Redding and the rest is Forester including the 270 bushing bump die and Micrometer Seater die. I also use a Redding body die if needed. First rounds COAL 3.300. Hornady Brass.Not used my Magneto Speed Chrono yet but will this week. Thanks to all that has replied and 4831sc is on my list. This rifle by far is the best off the shelf hunting rifle I have ever owned. I have only been Deer hunting five years. Shot a nice 10 point that should have been 12 last year with the Savage. I just want a hunting rifle that shoots like my bench rifles or close to it with out having one built. Most shots will be between 100 and 200 yards but I know the 270 will take me to 400 if needed. Mike :mrgreen:

Back