Picked up some 358 bullets yesterday.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Not a slam of a deal, but got 2 boxes of the Hornady 200 gr RN for $35 a box off a table yesterday. I see Midway has them at $50 and are unavailable so is what it is at todays prices. No tax or shipping buying them off the table so there is that.

I now have those, and just under 200 of the Speer 180 HC's, a full box of the Sierra 200 PH I had traded a older partial can of 3031 for, and I have 11 boxes of the Remington 200 RNCL factory ammo that I pull the bullets on and work up my own loads for.

So all total I now have a little over 700 of the 35 Remington style bullets. I think I'm good. Although I'm not sure I can count the Remingtons, as I've quit shooting them. The price a box of those are bringing on gunbroker, I feel guilty shooting any of them.

That’s a good haul of 35 caliber bullets. You and I must run on the same track.

That’s a good haul of 35 caliber bullets. You and I must run on the same track.
Ha. I like to be well stocked if I can help it. The amount of 30 caliber bullets in particular that I have is a little ridiculous actually, but glad to have them in these times.

The boxes are old, but the man said they were in a bag, and he put them in those boxes. Believable as the bullets are bright and shiny. I paid more for these than any of the other boxes of .358, but with today's prices and mindsets, you can't get everything cheap.

I really like those Pro Hunter round nose bullets you have listed. They shoot well in any cartridge I own. Not fancy enough for todays sniper hunter crowd so I imagine we won’t be seeing a new run anytime soon.

Been using the Speer 220 gr Hot Cor's in my 358 since 2003 with great success! Still have a good supply on hand. Will also try in the 356 Win.
Have a good supply of the 180's for the 35 Rem to try.
Also have some Sierra RN's, Nosler AB's and Hdy FTX's in 200 gr and Sierra 225 GK's to try too.

I have a Remington model 141 in 35 Rem. I wouldn't call it a tack driver, but it shoots 200 gr bullets well enough for deer and black bear at the range the 35 Rem was intended to be used. I harvested my first buck with a Remington 760 in 35 Rem. That rifle is one of those, "I wish I would have never parted with".

Good for you.

I don't feel like I have near enough .358 bullets. I always check to see if anyone has those 180 HCs (and the 220s) but no one ever seems to.

Good for you.

I don't feel like I have near enough .358 bullets. I always check to see if anyone has those 180 HCs (and the 220s) but no one ever seems to.
Like you I haven't seen any Speer anywhere. Got a few. Try the Hornady FTX if you haven't. They work really well in the 35 Rem and show up from time to time. Dan.

Back