pics of bullet collections

Testing of bullets takes a lot of work and is useful information. I have been doing it from time to time for comparison purposes.

There is a site with hundreds of bullets tested and I may look for the link tommorrow but it's late now.

There was a remark somewhere about the WSM's and I happen to favor them over belted rounds. To each his own.

CamoWildcat":mobtr2bb said:
Richcale,
I got your drift. And I understand and concur. :lol:

Can you explain it to me also? :cry:

Let's see!

Northforks: They are accurate, work great, but as I have stated before they have the BC of a brick. Refuse to use them. Argue all you want but the difference in BC is neglligible to Mike Brady (the owner--super guy BTW) but makes a huge difference to me.

Wildcats. Isn't that a match bullet also? If so I will not use it on game either. Refuse to. :wink:

POP,
I was sitting next to a guy on a flight from Phoenix to Denver a couple years ago, and he was telling me about shooting prarie dogs on the Buffalo ranch that sits on the CO/WY line near I-25. He said the owner begged him and his dad to shoot them. Do you happen to know if the owner will let anyone shoot the little dogs? :?:
We don't have any down here in Arizona and I sure enjoyed shooting them outside Casper after we bagged our antelope last fall.
BTW, you've got some great country up there - just a little too cold for me some of the time. I televise an occasional basketball or football game in Laramie and I've been mighty cold a couple times. 26 below once.

Nothing even close to Cheyenne. The ranch you're talking about is like 5 miles from where I am sitting right now. All poisoned out man! :cry:

It is actaually hard finding a place to shoot p-dogs"close" to Cheyenne. If you want to drive 2-3 hours west or north no problem. :wink:

That sure is a shame, POP. My shooting buddy and I plan on taking a drive to shoot some p-dogs just as soon as he gets his 22-250 and I finish developing loads for my 223 and 243 WSSMs. Don't know how far we will have to drive.
That guys on the plane told me the owner BEGGED him and his dad to shoot those dogs. I guess he got tired of begging. :(

POP,
My buddy and I got lucky last year. Picked up leftover antelope permits for an area just east of Casper - not much public land but it had a walk-in area. I got mine the first day and my buddy got his on the 2nd day.
If you were going to apply for a permit for an area that had a fair amount of public land AND had some nice antelope bucks on it - What area would you apply for? If you don't mind me asking. :?:

Area 47 without question. HUGE!!!!!!!!! public area and bucks! If you're not picky your hunt can end in less than an hour! :lol:

POP The wildcat bullet is a target profile bullet. Meaning it is very sleek in design, thats why it has such a high BC for its weight and diamter. Usually they give a .1 value in added BC over a btip or something like that. They have a hollow point 1/3 of the way down and are made and built for hunters as a hunting bullet. They are made for longer range hunting, thats what there marketed for. WIth there added BC value, it helps take with the wind factor, and gives more energy and retains velocity at the impact. Now theres not that many reviews on them as they are not that popular, but I have killed 1 deer with it and it worked for me. 125g at 2950fps out of my 25-06 worked at 440 yards on my biggest whitetail to date. The other bigger bullets, like the 7mm 200g, and the 169.5g 277" cal have knocked some whitetails off there buts as well at fairly long distances. One guy used the 200g 7mm to take an elk at 700 some odd yards and dropped on the spot. YOu could call Richard and ask him what he would recomend for hunting. He is a very nice guy and will let you know whats what with his bullets. He his very knowledgable with his bullets. He told me they are a little tougher then SMK's, so you can take it for what its worth. I Know yoru feelings about using a match bullet for game. Bottom line is that he makes his bullets with long range hunting in mind. Having a high BC and a hollow point, they will kill. www.wildcatbullets.com

I will post a pic of the 125g uld rbbt. It is a sleek looking bullet. I'll compare it to a 100g btip, 110g ab, and a 115gbtip for comparison. BC for the 125g, according to all my testing of the bullet is .520, the 115g btip to my testing is .440. So it offers a little more BC, and is a lot more accurate bullet. Provides a little more "thump" when it gets there as well

sxoo43.jpg

I promised to post a few pictures of recovered bullets a few days ago. I have them ready now, so here they are. These are not all I have, but represent a good cross-section of the past 40+ years. Regards, Eagleye.
AccuBond

CONVENTIONAL BULLETS

NOSLER PARTITIONS

POP, Thanks for the advice about area 47. My hunting buddy and I are applying for Arizona elk. If we aren't drawn (good possibility), we will either go for mule deer around the Craig, Colo area or a return trip to WY for antelope.
Thanks again.

Eagleye,

That is one impressive collection!
What caliber(s) and weights are those partitions?

JD338

JD338; Smallest one is 6mm/100, then 257/120, then 6.5/140, then about 3-7mm's one 150 and two 160's; One is 338/225. The remainder are 308's a couple of 165's the rest 180's. For some reason or other, Elk seem to be able to stop Partitions better than moose. I have only recovered three Partitions from moose [out of at least 30 shot with them] whereas I have recovered 8 from Elk [out of about the same number of elk shot with Partitions] the 338 was taken from a Bison. A couple of the smaller ones were recovered from large-bodied muleys. One of the 7mm/160 ranged almost full length of a cow Elk. Most of the rifles I have will shoot the Partitions and accubonds very well indeed. Regards, Eagleye

Back