Placed the new Minox on my son's BDL

sask boy

Ammo Smith
Nov 4, 2007
I attempted to take off the rings my son's BDL I did not have allan key that would fit the front ring. :?
I had to take it in and found it to be a Tasco and they can only be taken out by a Tasco allan key :(
Well even the shop didn't have one so we used a easy out and that took care of that. That BDC in the scope looks to real simple to use and I can not believe on clear the glass is for a $500.00 scope :wink:

Blessings,
Dan

It is on my son 270win in the BDL & the scope is the ZA-5 3-15X42 BDC.
I can't wait until he has a look through it, I took it over with the new talley rings and had my young gunsmithing friend put it on. 3 or 4 of the guys looked through it and one of them ordered one from the shop. :wink:
I did not get commission put I did not pay to have scope & rings placed on the rifle and they bore sighted as well.
Now I have all the equipment to do the same thing but I did not have the real small easy outs to get he old rings off.

Blessings,
Dan

Dan, I was surprised when I looked through my Minox after mounting it on my .30-06 as to how clear it was. My Minox is a 2-10x40 and it is very clear and parallax free at 10X.

I am looking forward to putting another Minox on the wife's 308 and probably another one on the 45-70. Hard to beat the prices on them right now. Plus, the eye relief is great for me, being a stock crawler and all.

I've been thinking about picking up one or two of the 2-10x42s myself. Because of the genetic defect I share with Scotty (not knowing when to stop getting taller when we were younger) Talleys will not work for me with a Minox.

I just wish Minox would build a 3-15x42 with a side focus!

Same here Kurt, I would have a slew of them. Until then, 2-10's will work fine on the current stable of rifles.

I have shrunk three inches because of neck scoliosis in the past 10 years but depspite only being 5'8"+ tall any more, I still stock crawl and have some scars to prove it. It is nice to have a full 4 inches of eye relief on a .45-70 or even a .340 Bee. The Marlin 1895 is the one that always bit me, even with a 2.5-8x32 Conquest scope on it. I guess: that momentum in recoil movement rules still hold, there is "an opposite and equal reaction" in force in the physical world.

Minox makes a 1.5-8 scope with 4 inch eye relief for use on the Marlin .45-70 and other heavy caliber lever guns.

Oldtrader3":obh905s7 said:
Minox makes a 1.5-8 scope with 4 inch eye relief for use on the Marlin .45-70 and other heavy caliber lever guns.

That is the EXACT scope with the #4 reticle I am going to order once I get closer to coming home. I think it'll be just about perfect for my Guide Rifle. 32mm obj and tons of eye relief. Can't see it not being a winner.

Back