Nightforce , excellent customer service

jimbires

Handloader
Aug 16, 2011
my NXS 8-32x56 seemed to be having a problem since the scope rail came loose . at times the reticle would appear to be a split image , or like I'm seeing double . it was a weird reticle when it was acting up . other times it seemed perfectly fine . I also had a chip about in the center of the OBJ lens . the chips been there for years , and never seemed to bother anything , but I figured if I was sending it in I would have that replaced too . I contacted Nightforce about my scope . the customer service rep agreed with me about the chipped lens would probably never be much of a concern ,and it would cost $200 for the lens replacement . it would not be covered under the warranty , it would be considered abuse . I agree it was not a Nightforce problem I know , I caused the chip . he told me the reticle problem could be as simple as the diopter adjustment . we talked a little and I asked if I could just send the scope in have it all gone over and the lens replaced , that I never had a problem before the scope came loose .it got shook hard , it slipped in the rings , and slightly twisted in the rings , bent the scope rail . I got a call from Nightforce today . there was a problem with the paralax that was taken care of , everything else checked out ok . they replaced the front lens at no charge , as a way to make up for this scope actually having a problem . they went above my expectations . I offered to pay again , and was told no , Thank you for being a Nightforce customer , your scope will be shipped out today , is there anything else I can help you with . I feel like they rolled out the red carpet for me , I sure didn't expect this . this is excellent customer service .

While we never want to use warranty service, it is good to know that a company will stand behind its customer service and go the extra mile when we do need their services. Makes it that much easier to buy more of their products, and/or make recommendations to others looking to make good purchases. I have heard other stories of Nightforce's customer service, and your story echoes the same experience they encountered. Confidence inspiring.
It is why I own as many Leupold scopes and a spotting scope, as I do, and have made numerous recommendations of their product to others, and/or sold their products when working in the LGS's over the years.

I agree Fellas . I couldn't expect anything more . this just makes it a lot easier to continue buying their scopes .
I seldom , if ever , hear about warranty repairs on Nightforce. I wanted to put this out there as an example of how they handled my problem .

Great company. I own about a dozen of them. My compact had a bit of debris in the 1 o'clock position. I sent it in Monday and I got it back Thursday. Same day turnaround.

when I talked with them I was told they were 6 weeks out , it's a couple days less than a month . they had it from 7/14 - 8/11 . I'm supposed to get it 8/17

my whole experience was an A+ .
I got an email stating they received it . I got a phone call explaining the repairs they made and no charges on this repair . a couple hours later I got an email with a tracking number .

my NXS 8-32x56 seemed to be having a problem since the scope rail came loose . at times the reticle would appear to be a split image , or like I'm seeing double . it was a weird reticle when it was acting up . other times it seemed perfectly fine . I also had a chip about in the center of the OBJ lens . the chips been there for years , and never seemed to bother anything , but I figured if I was sending it in I would have that replaced too . I contacted Nightforce about my scope . the customer service rep agreed with me about the chipped lens would probably never be much of a concern ,and it would cost $200 for the lens replacement . it would not be covered under the warranty , it would be considered abuse . I agree it was not a Nightforce problem I know , I caused the chip . he told me the reticle problem could be as simple as the diopter adjustment . we talked a little and I asked if I could just send the scope in have it all gone over and the lens replaced , that I never had a problem before the scope came loose .it got shook hard , it slipped in the rings , and slightly twisted in the rings , bent the scope rail . I got a call from Nightforce today . there was a problem with the paralax that was taken care of , everything else checked out ok . they replaced the front lens at no charge , as a way to make up for this scope actually having a problem . they went above my expectations . I offered to pay again , and was told no , Thank you for being a Nightforce customer , your scope will be shipped out today , is there anything else I can help you with . I feel like they rolled out the red carpet for me , I sure didn't expect this . this is excellent customer service .
Purchased a new ATACR 5-25x5 F1 new from Scheels in Billings, Mt. along with NF 20 MOA rail to mount on my new 6.5 PRC. Once mounted on rifle I viewed through the scope and noted what I believed at the time to be debris in the tube when turned up over 9X magnification! Contacted NF Customer Service and paid to have scope returned for warranty work. Scope was returned with a notation that "debris removed" the scope was returned to me by NF. Upon inspection I discovered that the original problem was still present! I again made arrangement to return the $3000 + scope to NF. I received a call from a NF supervisor and was informed that what I was looking at in the tube was actually the "inside of the tube" and was instructed in how to remove the problem by rotating the elevation up until the view of the inside of the scope tube went away at higher magnification. This for me removed approximately 30 MOA of elevation adjustment!!
Although I realize that I will probably never need the total amount of adjustment "advertised", I am totally disgusted that NF never offered to replace the scope nor explain how this defective assembly was able to get out of the factory in the first place. Placing a fancy inspection sticker on the scope with initials must simply be a marketing ploy to lead one to believe that someone who knows what they are doing actually inspected the scope before applying and signing the sticker.
Bottom line, I paid for a rifle scope which will not deliver the range of adjustment as advertised by NF, and the alleged repairs from my initial return never did anything to address the original problem and it was simply shipped back out to me without anyone at NF doing anything to the scope.

Purchased a new ATACR 5-25x5 F1 new from Scheels in Billings, Mt. along with NF 20 MOA rail to mount on my new 6.5 PRC. Once mounted on rifle I viewed through the scope and noted what I believed at the time to be debris in the tube when turned up over 9X magnification! Contacted NF Customer Service and paid to have scope returned for warranty work. Scope was returned with a notation that "debris removed" the scope was returned to me by NF. Upon inspection I discovered that the original problem was still present! I again made arrangement to return the $3000 + scope to NF. I received a call from a NF supervisor and was informed that what I was looking at in the tube was actually the "inside of the tube" and was instructed in how to remove the problem by rotating the elevation up until the view of the inside of the scope tube went away at higher magnification. This for me removed approximately 30 MOA of elevation adjustment!!
Although I realize that I will probably never need the total amount of adjustment "advertised", I am totally disgusted that NF never offered to replace the scope nor explain how this defective assembly was able to get out of the factory in the first place. Placing a fancy inspection sticker on the scope with initials must simply be a marketing ploy to lead one to believe that someone who knows what they are doing actually inspected the scope before applying and signing the sticker.
Bottom line, I paid for a rifle scope which will not deliver the range of adjustment as advertised by NF, and the alleged repairs from my initial return never did anything to address the original problem and it was simply shipped back out to me without anyone at NF doing anything to the scope.
Oh well, I guess I'm practicing with my .45 today(got a few boxes of "I have never used this" 45 ammo from https://gritrsports.com/shooting/ammunition/handgun-ammo/45-acp-ammo/ , gonna see if you S&W likes it.
Huh, that's odd. Agree, the only senseble thing would be to replace or refund you the scope, since it's not what's advertised by manufacturer.

Last edited:
Back