Planned Christmas Gifts?

Blkram

Handloader
Nov 25, 2013
What have you planned as firearms gifts (or related items) to friends and family for Christmas this year?

I am going to gift my Winchester 94 XTR AE in 30-30 to my daughter. It is in great shape and has really pretty wood on it. She expressed a desire for a lever action rifle this year during our hunting trip, where she finally took game with her Rem 700 Titanium in 270 Win I bought her several years ago.
For her boyfriend, I was finally able to find a new buttsock for his old Marlin 336 in 30-30, which is broken. As it is a bit rusty, she will have it Cerakoted for him. Be like a new rifle when it is done for him.

I am also going to gift the Marlin 336 in 35 Rem to my wife as her official saddle gun (has always been the plan, but haven't gotten around to making it official as yet!. It is wearing a Leupold VX-III 1.75-6x36 in QRW rings and bases.

I picked up a LH Rem 870 in 12 gauge for my Mom to give her husband for Christmas this year. The metal work is in very good shape, but the wood stocks are in need of refinishing. I found a set of camo synthetic stocks for it as part of the gift, along with some Black Cloud ammo. We will work on refinishing the wood stocks for it.

While I will have to wait to open it on Christmas morning, my wife has gotten me a Leupold VX-5HD 3.5-15x44 w/ B&C reticle for Christmas! (Going on my LH Browning X Bolt that is being rebarreled to 6.5 PRC - Wilson carbon fibre barrel)
(She had to spoil the surprise to make sure she got me the one with the reticle I wanted.) The Alumina caps are in the stocking!
Gotta love her!!!:love:

He won't get it by Christmas but I'm giving a friend of mine's son a 50cal muzzle loader. He told me his youngest son expressed interest in using a traditional sidelock muzzle loader. I came into a Traditions that while not the most expensive it is in good shape and will help him on his journey into learning to shoot roundballs and patches. Caps and balls included. Dan.

My son is getting a Browning X-Bolt composite stalker in 7-08 with a vortex scope and my daughter is getting a savage axis 2 xp in 6.5 creedmoor with a vortex scope. My mom expressed interest in getting my son one "big" gift this year instead of a bunch of small gifts. So he is a getting a CVA optima 50 cal muzzleloader from her.

I bought my wife a pair of new binos as hers were just not cutting it. Midway had a Vortex Diamondback 10x40 binocular on sale (like $100 off regular sales price) so I got her a set.

I also put a brand new Ruger Mini 14 5.56 on layaway at the LGS. It’s going to be the new family camp rifle.

I will gift my Winchester 94 XTR AE in 30-30 to my daughter. It is in great shape and has beautiful wood on it. During our hunting trip, she wanted a lever action rifle this year. For her boyfriend, I finally found a new buttstock for his old Marlin 336 in 30-30, which is broken. As it is a bit rusty, my daughter will have Cerakoted for him. Be like a new rifle when it is done for him. However, I decided to give my wife a Personalized Necklace with Name as she is not interested in guns. She is lovely and sophisticated, so I am sure she will like my gift.

Last edited:
Back