Pretty good deal at Cabela's.

2ndtimer

Handloader
Sep 26, 2004
Well, I couldn't resist. Cabela's ad showed the Savage 10T on sale for $539.99, and when I picked mine up tonight in Yakima, it rang up with a $100 mail in rebate form! If I actually receive the rebate, that would be just $439.99 for nice 24" heavy barrel 5R rifled .308 win with Accu-stock, Accu-trigger, oversized bolt handle and EGW 0 MOA rail. I thought it was a great bargain for a long range shooter starter, and a real nice birthday present from my wife.
I will start it out with a Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14X, and see how it shoots. Ordered some of SSA 175 gr BTHP's from Shooters Pro Shop to break it in. If it is a shooter, I will have to figure out what to put on it for long range action.

That is a good price that will be an even better price with the refund. Congratulations.

Good score, congratulations.
Let us know how she shoots.

JD338

Good deal!
I look forward to reading about how your rifle shots as you get familiar with it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The Cabelas in Austin was offering 25% off all accessories when you purchase a new firearm at 10 off. They they had 8lb containers of IMR 4831 and 4350. Of course I don't use those powders.

I had a Savage 10TR (probably the same rifle) last year in all those specs. I was really impressed with it's performance. It was very nice to shoot.

I got rid of it to fund other projects and pay down some bills... :(

Well, I took the new Savage to the range yesterday. Good news is that was decently accurate, bad news is that it has a serious burr in the chamber that requires extreme force to extract the fired case. It occurred with factory ammo, SSA 175 GR match, Prograde 168 Berger Tactical and, yes, even Federal 168 gr Gold Medal Match. I will be emailing Savage later today for an RMA and shipping label. (Since I already drove 160 miles round trip to buy it, I think Savage should pay shipping both ways. I can't believe it was test fired since about every 3rd round required a sharp rap on the bolt with a 1x2 to extract the case. Disappointing!

That is a sweet deal.

15be56a68107c0c0e403cff9e5ebe5910c2fd2a6.1jpg_Page8.jpg

That is a good deal & I am sure that Savage will give you good service on the problem as well. Please let us know how things go.

Blessings,
Dan

Sorry to hear about your troubles. It's frustrating and I'm sure Savage will get you squared away. I bought a special run Savage 10P-SR a couple years ago for about the same price ~$550. I run it as a suppressed hunting rifle. It's a similar rifle that comes with an 18" threaded barrel without an Accustock. It's an accurate little bugger for sure.

Call Savage and ask for Effie Sullivan. Great Greek lady (married an Irishman) she will make it right.

Back