Ramshot Powder

gerry

Ammo Smith
Mar 1, 2007
I don't usually post stuff like this but I'm excited to have found 4 lbs of Magnum and 2 lbs of Big Game from Manitoba, the Magnum will be used in the 270 Win among others and the Big Game does well with 250's in the 35 Whelen. With taxes and shipping it worked out to $39 per pound which is far better than the $56 per pound RL15 I bought last year locally. We have lots of great things living here but buying powder isn't one of them, only one store carries it here and they are terrible for price gouging.

Great find, Gerry; and a great price to boot! Did the store have any more of the Big Game?

Unfortunately I grabbed all they had of both powders, maybe he has something else that you might need though.

http://www.thewoodjoynt.com/Products/List/9

Must have been some old stock judging from the pricing and the fact that we haven't seen any Ramshot powder for a long time.

I have been quite impressed as well, glad I was able to find them at a great price.

Just loaded my remaining supply of Magnum with the 160 gr Partition in the 270 Win, 31 rounds. About to crack a new can and see what it can do with the 150 gr Hornady Spire Point and sometime after that the 140 gr Ballistic Tip and 140 gr AccuBond :)

Man, I have wanted to try Ramshot stuff for a long time. Results you all get seem pretty danger hard to resist.

I have had great luck with both of those powders. I can't find them locally anymore though. I really like them.

I use Big Game a lot, love the speed and consistency.

That being said, I found several pounds of old stock (jugs with the handle, like yours) and it didn't shoot worth a darn compared to my new stuff. YMMV.

P

All the Ramshot powder I have had was in the old jugs and it worked well, hopefully the new stuff works as good. The one jug of Magnum I had only shot average in the 264 WM, nothing really perked until the new 270 Win showed up and combined with the 160 gr Partition shot very well. Hope to get out this week and test out the loads mentioned earlier.

Glad you were finally able to stock up at a fair price.
Shoot straight.

JD338

Nice score!

I LOVE Hunter... Have an 8 lb of BG but haven't had as great a results with it as with RL15.

Magnum worked nicely in my 257 WM.

Not to stick it in yer face or anything, but 8s are approx $150 locally ;) !

I know, you guys don't know how good you have it on your side of the border :)

I would love to try Hunter as well but it isn't commonly available on this side, would work very well in the 260, 6.5x55, 270 and soon to be added the 308 Norma Mag. I will end up trying the Canadian made IMR 4451 and IMR 7977 instead since they will be easier to find here.

Back