RCBS Chargemaster LINK for pistol loads? Too slow?

clearwater

Handloader
Feb 5, 2005
Powder throwers I have aren't consistent. I have heard that the RCBS charge masters are slow with tiny charges of 3 grains or so, tho accurate.
Anyone have experience with the new LINK chargemaster and pistol powders?

I have the Link but, I haven't loaded any small charges that small. I can give it a try tonight and let you know. What powder you looking at?

I ran some CFE Pistol at a 3.2gr charge and in auto mode got 10 charges in 5 minutes just dumping the pan into the jug. Was pretty consistent at 20sec to dispense the 3.2gr.
I also ran some Universal at 3.2gr and it dispensed in 20-30 seconds not nearly as consistent. Then changed to 2.8gr for the Universal and it ran around 5 seconds faster.
Hope this helps

I have the Link but, I haven't loaded any small charges that small. I can give it a try tonight and let you know. What powder you looking at?
Is it reliable? I have one that I went through the calibration with and maybe dispensed two charges just to see how it worked.

Is it reliable? I have one that I went through the calibration with and maybe dispensed two charges just to see how it worked.

There is a little learning curve, but haven't had any issues with it.
Most important is to wait until after it beeps to just confirm it isn't an over charge, before you pull it off the scale

There is a little learning curve, but haven't had any issues with it.
Most important is to wait until after it beeps to just confirm it isn't an over charge, before you pull it off the scale
How do the thrown charges from the link compare on a beam scale?

Thanks much. 20+ seconds sounds reasonable for the kind of loading I do.
I use bullseye and unique for the pistol.
IMR and Alliant stick for rifle.

Back