RCBS service

russ808

Handloader
Feb 2, 2008
I have a old (20+ years) RCBS Rock Chucker. Last week the spring for the primer plunger and the plunger sprung out. The spring went south some place in the abiss of my reloading/storage room. I called RCBS and they sent my a new plunger. Well it arrived and I noticed its a screwed in type. My old one doesn't have the screw bottom. I called them today and explained the sitution and they are sending me a new primer arm. Oh and all of this is free, thats pretty good customer service. Right up there with Nosler and Leupold in my book. FYI
Russ

Yep, I have been dealing with them for years. Their customer service is second to none.

I'm always breaking something made by RCBS or Hornady, and they take very good care of me. They're both great!

think they'll send me some new set screws for the lock nuts on my dies :lol: every damn one of them is striped :roll:

romex2121":350vmq6b said:
think they'll send me some new set screws for the lock nuts on my dies :lol: every damn one of them is striped :roll:

spend a few quarters down at the hardware store and get some new stainless ones they will hold up better

RCBS is great My uncle picked me up a used reloading set press measure etc anyway teh reservoir on the powder measurer was goofed up I emailed them about it and sent me a new one no questions asked

I belive the response to my email was " what is your address" and that was it

Same here. They asked for my address and then I asked how much it was and the reply was "Its a warrenty item, so no cost". Got to love companys that stand by their products.

russ808

RCBS is great! I had a powder measure bracket break a few years back and they sent me a new one for free. A couple years ago, I had a neck break on a 6.5 JDJ case in the sizer die. I sent it back and they removed the brass neck, polished the die and replaced the expander ball, threaded shaft and all the hardware for free.
You don't find that kind of customer service very often, I agree that Nosler and Leupold are right there with RCBS.

JD338

RCBS customer service is second to none. They have always replaced parts for me free of charge, no questions asked.

Part of buying quality equipment is that you receive quality service after the purchase.

Don't expect anything free from Lyman. I have an old bullet mould that the handle screws are worn out on.They want $6.00 for replacement screws. At RCBS ,they would be free.I don't know how Redding is on customer service? Anyone know?

I prefer Redding dies to RCBS if both are available at the time of purchase. However, Redding charges COD for replacement parts, where as RCBS never charges a dime for replacement or shipping.

I agree, Redding is over the top in quality. That is what I use for my .308 win target rifles.As close to perfect as I have found.

RCBS has always been very good to me as well.

I've stripped screws, broke decapping pins, needed different seater plugs, never charged for any of it. All they ask if my name and address.

I"ll continue to use and recomend RCBS.

Hornady was also very good to me recently. Sent me a completely new seater die for my 41 mag free of charge no questions asked except name and address.

RCBS has shipped decapping pins and refurbished dies without charge. It is difficult to fault that service. I currently have my ChargeMaster with them, even though it is out of warranty. Their policy is to repair or replace at a minimal cost. Can't fault that.

I have a thirty year old RCBS Pro Melt casting pot.I'll bet they won't replace that when it finally give up the ghost. :lol:

I'll bet they won't replace that when it finally give up the ghost.

Perhaps not, but I'd bet that they give you great consideration for a repair or replacement.

I hope.They have the best customer service in the industry.Leupold is right there with them.If every company in America was that great ,we wouldn't have anything much to worry about as far as equipment goes.
I did have to return a revolver to S&W once because it was loose and inaccurate. When those boys sent it back,they had replaced the barrel and tightened it up.It is now righteous indeed.The most accurate revolver I own
The 657 classic with the under lug and unfluted cylinder.Yep, I am through with some companies because of the treatment I have gotten over the phone. Remington is one of them.

I don't expect anything for "free", but it sure is nice when a company backs their product to the end.

Cheers

I had a Sidewinder tumbler for appr 15yrs had some problems with it rotating call their service dept told me to send it back and there be no charge to fix it. Appr 2 wks after it was del get a call from them it's fixed and on it's back.

Back