Received the call today.....Added Picts 10/20/15

muleman

Handloader
May 12, 2009
My smith said "Come pick your 28Nosler!". I'll pick it up tomorrow! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: 8)

Scott

Chambered in 28Nosler with a throat that allows seating of the 195gr Berger to 3.610" and the 175gr ABLR to 3.5?"
Winchester M70 action from a 300RUM
27" Benchmark barrel#6 profile(Bull sporter) 3/4" at muzzle - Fluted 1 in 8 twist
Brake - One of Nathan's(IdahoCTD)
Stock is a Winchester Express/Magnum stock which I've pillar and action bedded. Barrel Channel is free floated and sealed with bedding compound. I'm also working on a McMillan light weight stock as well.
Atlas Bipod
Weight 8lbs 6oz. in the McMillan, 9lbs 4oz. in the wood stock not including bases/rings or scope.
I put a Farrell steel 20moa rail, Warne 30mm rings and a Bushnell 6500 2.5x16 for load workups.
Fully loaded - ready for the field 11lbs. If I use light weight scope bases and rings I could drop 1/2 lb. I haven't decided on the final glass yet but it'll be the most expensive scope I've ever bought.

Scott

Sweet, congratulations Scott.
Can't wait to hear how she shoots.

JD338

Grrrrrrreat now the fun begins. Load development and range time and picking a scope out for it unless you already have one in waiting. Oh and lots of pictures.

Hmmmm, a new 28 Nosler and it is not even Christmas time all I can say is that I am jealous :wink:!
Scott now we are waiting for the new scope, the break-in, load development & range time with photos.
Congratulations on the new addition (y) .

Blessings,
Dan

I have the break in/pressure loads set up and ready to go. Hopefully I'll get out this week!

Scott

That really looks awesome, Scott. Should be a beast to shoot. Congratulations.

If weight is no issue..... Nightforce is hard to beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott,

A Leupold VX-6 3-18x44mm with the Wind Plex reticle would wring out everything you would ever hunt with the 28 Nosler.

JD338

Just an idea for you. Several years ago I picked up a VX3 LR on sale and sent it into the Leopold factory and had them put on M1 turrets and a TMR reticle. When I picked it up from the factory I asked the technician what was the difference between the scope I had and the equivalent Mark 4, and he said a couple of hundred bucks and smiled! If you can find a good deal on a 6.5-20 vx3 I would think you could send it in and have all the scope you need and save a little money. I would also consider the vortex pst series. I have one on my 338 lapua and have been very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott, there a number of great scopes you can place on top of that Nosler 28 :wink:. If you are going expensive you could look at a couple of the upper end SBs or there are a number of Swarovski scope that are top end. NF are as good as they get as well the only thing I have heard bad about them is they are bulky & heavy. But a few ozs here or there might not matter!!
You have probably looked at most of the top end glass already :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

Scott, there a number of great scopes you can place on top of that Nosler 28 :wink:. If you are going expensive you could look at a couple of the upper end SBs or there are a number of Swarovski scope that are top end. NF are as good as they get as well the only thing I have heard bad about them is they are bulky & heavy. But a few ozs here or there might not matter!!
You have probably looked at most of the top end glass already :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

Back