Reloading Data Questions

Tiny

Beginner
Nov 2, 2004
Does anyone have any Data for the the 270 and 7mm WSM's using IMR- 4064,Win -760,and H-414. 140gr bullets in both.

Thanks for the reminder on shortmags.org, been over there but haven't seen data for my above powders yet.Everybody seems to be using the slow stuff in these 2.

Tiny":getfm6xe said:
Thanks for the reminder on shortmags.org, been over there but haven't seen data for my above powders yet.Everybody seems to be using the slow stuff in these 2.

The reason you're not seeing much data on those powders is because they don't work well with that weight bullet in the WSM. H414 is about the only one that "might" work, but there are way better powders. I use Magpro with a 140 AccuBond and get groups from .260-.300 " MOA at 3200 fps. You really won't do better than that, if you even come close. Magpro is "THE" powder for 140 grain biullets in the .270 WSM. RL22 is a close second.

bowhuntrrl,

First, Thanks.
From what I have been reading on both the 270 and 7 WSM ,I would have to say your right.But one mans junk is another mans gold or in this case what is junk in one mans rifle is another rifles gold mine :grin:

I have a good stock pile of IMR-4064,Win-760 and H-414.I also have the others you mentend above and others are using,just want to try to cover the ones I have the most of. :wink:

Back