Reloading , How Long?

normo":3vpmhkag said:
off and on for 23 years, just depended on where the Air Force put me...

I know how you feel! Greece sucked for gun loonies when I was stationed in Iraklion/Hellenikon/Araxos!

Started helping my dad in about 1972 (age 10) loading for .240 Weatherby mag, 243, 30-06, 308, and 300 win mag. I used the Weatherby for my first deer in 1974 and then a Winchester Model 100 semi in .308 after that until 1980. Didn't own a rifle again until last year. Started reloading for real last November for .243 & .45 ACP and this spring/summer for a 25-06 and soon for a 7MM-08. Dabbled in shotgun reloading in high school but never could get a consistent box of reloads. Probably due to sloppy practices more than the cheap components. Both my kids help with decapping, sizing, and seating.

Word to the wise: when you're the one putting pistol brass in the press, make sure the kid working the press is paying attention. They can smash your index finger in no time at all.

I started back in about 1977 or 1978 with an rcbs jr. press I was loading for a 7mm mauser when ammo was getting hard to find around here. Ilet a good many years get by me and now I'm loading a 7MM.Rem. Mag for me and my one son. I'm partial to a 7MM. Every now and then I have a few questions that I can't answer,so I get on here and it helps me out. Since the price of ammo has gone up since last year just like gas,I can load cheaper than Wal-Mart.

Noslers Rock!

Man I feel like a rookie, I've only been reloading for just a little over 10 years.

Corey

Over 40 years.The first was a 45 70 with cast slugs, and a paper wad over the powder charge. The bullet was seated with what looked like a pair of specialized pliers.

!966 with a 16g Lee handheld shotshell loader. 1970 in CA I started loading metallic cartridges on an RCBS Jr:38sp & 30-06.

I used to help my father cast bullets in the garage in the 60's and about 1970 started reloadind 20 ga for dove hunting. Then I got a 2506, 220swift, 41 mag and 221 fireball. You cuoldn't hardly find ammo for some of those back then and had to reload but that was ok, reloading and hunting is like theropy for me .

Started with shotgun and handgun along with limited 32 spcl and 308 rifle loading with my father in the mid `60s. Started getting serious with rifle loads in the mid-late `70s.

Back