Rem. 700 VSF ( Group )

G

What you can do with an off the shelf rifle / nice trigger, and the right load :grin:
100_0250.jpg
[/img]
35343300YardsRe_700VSF.JPG
[/img]
35343cid_photo002.jpg
[/img]

The .308 is the easiest cartridge for working up an accuracy load - at least that I've ever tried. You're shooting well - now get some groups downrange with Nosler bullets if you're going to post on a Nosler Forum! :grin:

Good shooting. That .308 will shoot amazingly well with a wide variety of bullets - even Brand H. :grin:

Regards, Guy

My .308 was a real pain to make a shooter....As far as Nosler bullets go anyway....I had no luck shooting any of the Nosler's through this rifle... 2" groups! I think anybody who knows anything about re-loading knows that every gun likes something different. My .308 happened to like Hornady's. I have a Ruger 7mm Mag. that shoots Nosler's like a champ! I thought this was a re-loading forum not just limited to Nosler products....Maybe i'm in the wrong place? :? Other than that comment from Guy...Thanks for all the other feed back. :)

:grin: I was just funnin' ya!

Great shooting. I'm a big fan of the .308 Win - it's always been a reliable performer for me and I've never had a problem getting one to shoot well. You should be justifiably proud of those groups - they are quite good!

Regards, Guy

Thanks Guy! I figured you were just trying to keep it real. So am I. After all we're all brother's in arms! :wink:

Boattail":2qsqldz8 said:
My .308 was a real pain to make a shooter....As far as Nosler bullets go anyway....I had no luck shooting any of the Nosler's through this rifle... 2" groups! I think anybody who knows anything about re-loading knows that every gun likes something different. My .308 happened to like Hornady's. I have a Ruger 7mm Mag. that shoots Nosler's like a champ! I thought this was a re-loading forum not just limited to Nosler products....Maybe i'm in the wrong place? :? Other than that comment from Guy...Thanks for all the other feed back. :)

Really? Every .308 I have loaded for will put ANYTHING into a good group. Most of them liked the 165gr B-Tip over Varget or BLC-2 and some the 150gr B-Tip.Depended on the twist of the barrel. If your rifle is brand new it might need some breaking in or a good scrubbin if you been trying different bullets at one sitting.

Anyways,great shooting and especially a great gun :wink:

Tim

The facts remain that every rifle is different.....You still have to find the right combination / load.....and some rifles don't shoot very well at all .308 or not....So anybody who reads this, don't think if you go to the store and buy a .308 it will shoot anything you throw down the tube.....way wrong! Yes i know about break in on a new rifle....it took about 300 rounds before the barrel on this particular rifle began to shoot!

Back