Remington reloading components

wvbuckbuster

Handloader
Nov 5, 2015
Now that Big Green is back making ammo I wonder if at some point in time they might make available reloading components such as bullets? Shade Tree's topic on his 35 Rem load using 200gr CL comes to mind. I haven't see any of these or other bullets for sale in quite awhile. Just wondering. Dan.

The folks at Remington have said yes, they have all the plans to manufacture Reloading components. The reloading section is a separate entity and it is still being put together. It should be operational by earlier next year.

I heard the 405 grain .458 bullets were good for the 45/70 but they stopped selling them years ago.

That would be great Dan for sure. If they do come back with components I sure hope they don't try to do anything different with that 200 RN.

About 2 yrs ago there was a guy on one of the online sites that had 16 factory boxes of the 35 Rem 200 RNCL. I couldn't pass up the price and bought them all. In hindsight was a smart buy. I got just over 11 boxes left.

I think if we can weather this storm components will be available again. Maybe a couple years but I think it will happen. It can’t rain forever. The storm clouds empty and dissipate. Then it clears and the sun shines again.

michsteve":z5rd5aih said:
I heard the 405 grain .458 bullets were good for the 45/70 but they stopped selling them years ago.

I only clobbered one deer with the Remington 405 grain soft point. It worked well, going through both shoulders and breaking the spine, at about 70 yards. Bullet continued on through of course. Mule deer at about 70 yards.

Accurate too. A lot of folks got confused about where to crimp them, but really it was no big deal, they're made for the 45-70. I hope that they return to the market someday.

Regards, Guy

I know a guy that some yrs back was at a shop where they were selling bulk factory bags of 500 Remington bullets. For like $20. He bought 2 different calibers and one of them was the 405 gr .458 caliber. Of course now he wishes he would've bought 5 bags of each, but what was one ever going to do with that amount of bullets of one caliber at the time? He still has quite a few of the 405's left.

Oh the days! Lol.

Tipped core-lokt bullets as components would be pretty cool if they were decently priced!

desertcj":31u2lm4g said:
Tipped core-lokt bullets as components would be pretty cool if they were decently priced!
They are available. Remington partnered with Hornady. The tipped core lokt’s are SST’s minus the red tip. I recently read an article about it but can’t recall where.

For the life of me I can’t remember where the article was that said Remington partnered with Hornady to supply the tipped core lokt. They are nice looking flat base bullets. I’ll keep poking around for it. It’s bugging me that I can’t remember where I saw it.

I could use some new 250- Savage brass- but THAT aint happening. At least not that I can afford. CL

Back