REMY 700-Personal 7 Mag-Cerakote

CZ

Handloader
Jun 21, 2007
Finished at last my personal 7mm Mag.-
Remington Factory barreled action.
High-Tech Fiber Stock-glass bedded 100% and free floated barrel
painted.- Digi Cammo- Forest Brown,desert sand, coyote tan.
Cerakote Coyote tan on Metal.
Forest Brown on Bases and rings
Leupold 2x7 paited Coyote Tan.
Jewell trigger.

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,521
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,521
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,522
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,522
As is always the case with your builds, CZ, very handsome. Undoubtedly, it will shoot quite well. Always impressive to see what you are working on.

DrMike":35myeojx said:
As is always the case with your builds, CZ, very handsome. Undoubtedly, it will shoot quite well. Always impressive to see what you are working on.
Thank you for your nice words Dr. Mike, try to do my best on the work I do. Must learn some aero painting, will look forward to learn the technique. My must learns lathe work and aero painting.

VERY NICE CZ! That is a great looking rifle! Hard to beat a great 7mm Mag. That combo just looks like it should be hunting! Very nice!

Tell us more about how you did the Cerakote. My personal M700 7mag has some worn and faded blueing, and I've thought about Cerakote but frankly I'm afraid to try it.
Very nice looking rifle.

Darkhorse":179davqm said:
Tell us more about how you did the Cerakote. My personal M700 7mag has some worn and faded blueing, and I've thought about Cerakote but frankly I'm afraid to try it.
Very nice looking rifle.
Its a straight forward process, preparing the parts-sandblast and degrease are very important in the process, there are good videos explaining the process cerakotecoatings.com, must get some equip. if you already have it no prob, a good compressor,sandbaster, hvlp paint guns, acetone, cerakote, and an oven, you have to invest to get all together, most of the times If you want one ,its better to send it to a certified applicator, LMR refinishing does excellent work.

That is a good looking rifle, I sure looking forward to the range report with photos I hope :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

ScreaminEagle":svb4j8t6 said:
Beautiful, as always! Just curiosity here, but why such an low magnification scope on a 7mm mag?
Screamineagle Im of the old school as john wooters,bob milek,craigB, ross seyfried a 2x7 scope is a very compct scope and has the power I will ever need for real hunting, 2x for close range shot almost as good as open sight and at the high end 7x for long range shots 400 to 500 yards. A high power scope has its place for target shooting, a lot of bluff on long range shots 800-1000 yards shots, high power SELLS, the shots they take on the outdoor channel are done on very controled conditions, I will never never take one of those long range shots you have more to loose, better a. good stalking technique. And get close.
You dont need those big Nightforces for real hunting conditions, better master your aiming points at different distances and always take care of your limitations

CZ":1agu8w47 said:
ScreaminEagle":1agu8w47 said:
Beautiful, as always! Just curiosity here, but why such an low magnification scope on a 7mm mag?
Screamineagle Im of the old school as john wooters,bob milek,craigB, ross seyfried a 2x7 scope is a very compct scope and has the power I will ever need for real hunting, 2x for close range shot almost as good as open sight and at the high end 7x for long range shots 400 to 500 yards. A high power scope has its place for target shooting, a lot of bluff on long range shots 800-1000 yards shots, high power SELLS, the shots they take on the outdoor channel are done on very controled conditions, I will never never take one of those long range shots you have more to loose, better a. good stalking technique. And get close.
You dont need those big Nightforces for real hunting conditions, better master your aiming points at different distances and always take care of your limitations

Well said as a true hunter.

CZ":2czaipfg said:
ScreaminEagle":2czaipfg said:

Well spoken sir!

Just finished this Remy 700 .300 WSM Project.-
Remy 700 barreled action, finished in Armor black cerakote
Remy 700 factory stock painted sniper gray and sponged in black armor, micro clear finish
Remy mounts
Custom made muzzlebreak
bolt flutted and custom bolt knob.

Attachments

• 047.JPG
    047.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,374
  • 048.JPG
    048.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,374
  • 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,374
  • 051.JPG
    051.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,374
...very nice, CZ, now if you build a .325 WSM Scotty will be the only kid on the block that doesn't have one...

:roll: :twisted: :mrgreen: :lol:

I really like what you've done there, but I would be afraid I might loose it if I set it down. :) I like the 2x7 as well.

Back