Rich's RUM Collection

Richracer1

Handloader
May 12, 2005
I finally got the RUM Family photo taken.
From left to right:
SPS 7mm - (just put the new laminate thumbhole stock on it) -- VX-III 4.5-14x40
300 - Bought it with the thumbhole stock -- Monarch UCC (BDC) 5.5-16.5x42 or 44
XCR 338 -- VX-III 4.5-14x40LR
LSS 375 -- VX-III 3.5-10x40 (Gun Metal Grey)
RUMFamily2.jpg

If you'd like a better/close-up photo of a specific rifle, just ask. I'm no where near s talented as Bullet.

What a fine chorus line of beauties you have there. Good scopes also. :grin:

Quit messing around!!!!!

Put an X-mas tree in the background, stand in the picture and make it a family X-mas picture!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

POP":2ljghdoc said:
Quit messing around!!!!!

Put an X-mas tree in the background, stand in the picture and make it a family X-mas picture!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry to disappoint you POP, but the closest thing to a tree in my apt is my comforter, which is what the rifles are laying on.

Get a Christmas theme comforter....... 8)

Rich,

Very very nice buddy! Congratulations on your RUM family.

JD338

How do you like the stock on the XCR? I was kind of looking through the '08 Remington catalog and it looked like it was about the only option left for a lot of the RUMs.

BK":aflujx1l said:
How do you like the stock on the XCR? I was kind of looking through the '08 Remington catalog and it looked like it was about the only option left for a lot of the RUMs.

The 7mm and 300 RUMs are offered on other 700 platforms. The 338 and 375 are only offered in the XCR, unless you order from the Custom Shop.

How do you like shooting the 300 with the thumb hole?

Where is Captian Morgan at? :lol:

Nice collection of RUM's!

I really like the looks of that gray laminate thumbhole stock - but will likely stay more conservative for my own rifles. Good looking batch of boomers!

Rich,

That XCR looks out of place. You need a matching LSS stock. :p
Awesome RUM collection!

How does the 338 RUM XCR shoot for you? I had my nephews this past summer for load development. It was the most finicky M700 I have ever worked with! I did finely get the 250 gr AB to shoot sub MOA, but just barely.

JD338

I haven't done any load developement with it yet, just scope sight-in (about 20 rds). I do have some 250AB with Retumbo and just loaded some 225 TSX with RL-22 (CA load) for testing. The 225 TSX is so I can at least shoot something (a couple of hogs)with it until I move back to Idaho.

Awsome lineup and awsome power.

I think that's the prettiest gun collection I've ever seen. I like thumbhole, laminate stocks. They sure give you a good grip and they look classy :grin:

Good Hunting
ELkhunt

Richracer1":2kw1qyud said:
I haven't done any load developement with it yet, just scope sight-in (about 20 rds). I do have some 250AB with Retumbo and just loaded some 225 TSX with RL-22 (CA load) for testing. The 225 TSX is so I can at least shoot something (a couple of hogs)with it until I move back to Idaho.

Nosler is going to have a 338 cal 200 gr E-Tip later this year. I will try to get a date and post it. That 225 gr TSX should be a dandy for those CA pigs. :grin:

JD338

SakoSteve270wsm

dude

who is the broad with the guitar??????????

Back