Rifle Projects Planned?

nodak7mm

Handloader
Jan 19, 2008
Decided to share my open and almost complete projects.

IMG_0020.jpg

Top: Rem 700, 7mm Rem Mag with a 27" #5 Brux Barrel, gonna be my LR hunting rifle. Getting action trued right now then a brake and chambering. Almost a twin to JD338's 280AI

Middle: Bat MB, 6.5/06 Imp F-class & 1K BR Rifle. 30" Krieger, PA Lite gun contour. All I gotta do is finish chambering.

Bottom: Rem 700, 6mm BR Norma, Red Mist Rifle. 28" Kreiger Hvy Varmint. Action is trued, just gotta install brake, chamber it & bed it.

Dang I hope to finish all this work by end of Feb.. Been drooling and dreaming way too long.. Really get old just fondling parts.... Finally got a kitchen pass to go camp out at my cousins (he's a machinist) till I am done with the metal work. After these projects, its time to just buy bullets and SHOOT the dang things

What you all got going on, incomplete and/or planned for 2010?

Rod

buckfever":3l6ybbfa said:
Lots of plans no money.

Same as above! My son wants to save his money for his BIG rifle which will be a 300 WSM. He's decided on the Winchester Model 70 Extreme SS with the Bell & Carlson stock. A store closing here locally has one in stock and they have it marked at $765.00 if you can believe that! :shock:

Would like to try and help him get it, and a person WILL NOT find a better price on this model, but you all know how the $$$ are sometimes. He would be set for life. A 6mm Remington for all the small to medium and the 300 WSM for the rest. What a combination. Only bad thing is when he gets older, how does he justify to his future bride the need for a new or different rifle? :oops: :roll:

Rod, Get the project going and let bullet fly. :wink:

I have two on the planning stage. I'm sending the extra bolt that came with my 338 Lapua Ackley Rifle to Lawton and have them build me another 7500 so that I can slap the 7 WSM barrel that came from Nate. I have an A-5 on hand for the project. This will be my F-Class competition rifle. Nate won the State F-Class championship using this barrel so it has a pedigree.

Next will be a 375 Cheytac :p :p on a Lawton 8000 Action and Manners MCS T-50 stock.

Project planned and hopefully started within the next three weeks.

Going to build a 6.5x47 Lapua on a Remington 700 or 7 action. The wife may be giving up her Model 7 for the project - she just doesn't know it yet.
:shock:
22in Kreiger Fluted Tube #4 or #5 Contour ( Vias Brake Still up in the air )?
McMillan Edge Stock
KG Kote
Other Misc Goodies

Interesting projects there Nodak. I like the 7mm mag for LR hunting...

No big rifle plans this year, trying to save some cash and spend it on hunting & fishing trips instead of tinkering with the rifles. Do hope to get my 7mm Ruger single shot back on line. Danged thing has been a problem child from day one.

Regards, Guy

Guy,

You hit the nail on the head! I am finally at the point where I have been fortunate enough to be able make a couple of dream builds come together and now it is time to play with em..

Fishing and hunting trips with my daughters and very close friends. And try my hand a some match shooting with the wifey in tow.. Time with family and friends is what really matters..

Rod

Planning a new 243 AI this year, but am having a heck of a time finding a donor action. Plan is a lilja or hart 28" barrel, 1-9.5 or 10 3 groove, SS barrel. Rem Varmint contour, bed into a B&C A5 or 3(depending on availible funds)
and hopefully find some nice glass for it. Planning on running 107 grn SMK's or 90-05 NBT's. Not sure if the 9.5 twist will reduce velocity too much or if a 10 will stabilize a 107.

My 22-250 AI seems to have a headspace issue, so it may well end up being the donor. I can't close the bolt on cases that have been fired in the ackley configuration after FL resizing with the die set to overcam hard.

That has the HS stock, so it would only need a tube.

JT.

OK, since I can't find a donor and the smith has time. My VTR 223 is going to the smith. Getting the action trued & then rechambering to 223 AI. I already have a set of Redding dies on the bench. Now to find some good loads for a 223 AI, if anybody has some?? The 22-250 AI is still playing games, but I'll be getting a shell holder reduced by a thou and a second one by 2 thou, that ought to fix it.

JT.

Well I sold My 270 WSM this weekend and bought a used savage 30-06 for $250 at the local pawn shop, so the 280 AI build is underway! The 30-06 looks like it was hardly used at all. Just got off the phone with pac-nor and got my barrel all figured out. As soon as my parts get here I'll load a dummy round and send it to them so they can get the chamber how I want it. They said they are only four to six weeks out. I'm really hoping to draw a spring bear tag this year and have this gun up and going by the first of April!

jtoews80":2ut577tv said:
OK, since I can't find a donor and the smith has time. My VTR 223 is going to the smith. Getting the action trued & then rechambering to 223 AI. I already have a set of Redding dies on the bench. Now to find some good loads for a 223 AI, if anybody has some?? The 22-250 AI is still playing games, but I'll be getting a shell holder reduced by a thou and a second one by 2 thou, that ought to fix it.

JT.

I've got (2) 223AI been using the loading data from varmit hunter magazine. Steven Timm wrote the article some years back and he post on this site http://www.predatormastersforums.com/. If you want to PM me your address I'll send a copy.

Way to go guys! Love to plan them projects... I know its alot harder to pay for em than to think em up, but it is healthy to dream... :lol:

Back