Rifle Stock Question

I love the look and feel of a wood stocked rifle, especially the feel of the dings and scratches from honest use. However, when I build rifles I more often then not gravitate towards a synthetic. I can invest $450- 650 in a quality fiberglass/Kevlar stock, which more than likely about what I'll spend on a decent wood blank. Not to mention all the hours of labor needed to properly marry it to my barreled action.

Rodger I can't believe that I missed your post regarding my 280AI but some of the best people shoot from the left side :wink:.
Look how Gil has looked after DrMike for all these years and now in the last few years Noah, Gerry and I have stepped up to help as well :lol: . It is just a matter of time before the good Doctor will be having a rifle sale and start to repurchase in the left handed variety 8)!

Blessings,
Dan

I am a sucker for nicely figured women... er I mean walnut :grin:

Seriously I have one M70 in a Boyd's laminate, and one M70 in a Winny synthetic. All the rest are walnut.

I think the same as David ( 6mm), as long as the stock is bedded/pillared and sealed correctly, the POA should not shift even if submerged in water. I have one that is completely sealed on a 338win mag and one of these days I will take it apart, submerge it, and test it out. Just need to make time to do it.

I've got a mix of both. I really love the look and feel of wood.. And would love an custom Accurate Innovations woodstock .
But hunting in the Elements synthetic is nice.
I really like my Hogue stock in my coyote rifle. Especially when it's cool out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back