• Burris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Talley

• Leupold

• Total voters
Yeah, I think so. She surprises me enough to not get too used to it! Scotty

A good wife is a blessing, for sure. I am sure blessed to have a lady who has stuck with me and treated me better than I deserved, even following me into the wilds of northern British Columbia (quite a feat for a town girl from Kansas).

The short-throw handle looks like a great idea for the Co-Ax Press. I looked today, but because I picked up an order of bullets, I'm passing for the moment on the press. I did pick up an RCBS 10-10 scale, however. There are times that I just enjoy the balance beam scale. I'll give my 5-0-5 to a friend that needs one.

I kind of looked at the short throw handle also, but I don't usually grab the handle all the way at the top anyhow, so I am sure I can grab the longer handle a little further down and it should be about the same thing. I can't remember the length of the handle being a problem. I think next on my want list is a digital scale and powder thrower. I use the RCBS powder measure and a scale now, but I think the digital would be a nice to have. Scotty

Truthfully, it is just about as fast to use the balance beam scale as to use the digital. Also, the fact that I can tare the balance beam makes for greater precision. Whilst you must remember to calibrate the digital each time, and occasionally throughout the session, you never can be certain it is tared properly. Get a set of check weights to test occasionally, and do not forget to calibrate.

JD,

Nothing. The 5-0-5 is a great scale and works just fine. I really can't justify it, but the old 5-0-5 is showing signs of drift that requires frequent attention. It's as good a reason as any.

Good point. I will remember that. I already have the check weights, so it should work well with a new scale. It will be sometime before I actually get a new scale. Still need to get a scope for my 300 Win Mag and I would like to get a Hogue stock for my 7mm Rem Mag first. I figure I have been good with a balance beam type for this long, I can wait until I deploy again! Scotty

Back