Ruger#1AB 25-06

Shaw

Beginner
Jul 28, 2008
Friend of mine just got one of thes rifles .24'' light contour barrel,a good looking rifle and light,well balanced.My buddy heard this might be a limited run special edition or something,is there anything to this or is this a fairly common caliber for the AB model#1.

What is an AB? I know what an A is, and I know what a B is but I am unfamiliar with the AB.

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi ... =123920468

pix111343109.jpg

Nice light barrel contour, coupled with the large beavertail fore end piece.

Pop - you've got a way of picking up some nice looking rifles...

Never ever had a #1 that did not shoot. Maybe it was luck.

Thanks for the info.My buddy has not got to test it out yet,just got his 3x9 leupold on it this week and starting to work up some loads to test.The lucky son of a gun won it on a basketball board,20$ for 2 squares,he would have missed it but the game went into overtime.Didn't know he had won til next day at work someone told him.Rather be lucky as good any day!

I already made the same offer,he just laughed.I told him since he was working 6-10's might as well let me hold on to it for safe keeping cause he wouldn't have time to use it :lol: Anyway got a new toy to play with this year and I suspect I might get to do a little shoot'n with it before its all said and done.

If he is working up loads he might want to go to the reloading section on this forum and check out the loads being listed with Retumbo powder and the 100 gr NBT. claimed 3500 fps and 1 1/4" 3 shot groups at 400 yards. I might have to give Retumbo at try in my 25-06. I got it to try in my 264 Win Mag. Oh! I was jerking your chain with the "will it shoot" post. I have never seen a 25-06 that I could not make it really shoot.

Back