RUGER AMERICAN RIFLE

Rem Jim":23xf25km said:
any Remarks on my Remarks of this Ruger American rifle :?: :roll: :grin: RJ

...played w/ em when they came into the shop, outta the bunch (X7, 4X4, 783, 770, Axis), I thought they were better buys. One thing I did notice was the fore ends were pretty flimsy & you could twist 'em enough to touch the barrel, but so were most of the others. All in all, I thought they looked like a pretty good rifle for the price point...

Sorry i have NOT shot it yet BUT i do have 2 different factory loads and 5 different handloads to test out - pretty soon i hope ! cheers :) RJ

Rem Jim":c8nawyui said:
Ok so i pulled it down for a LOOK - Cheaply built gun as expected :shock: :lol: - barrel is held to receiver by a barrel nut - it has no notches like a Salvage so i do not know how they tighten it up ? RJ

I think it will take a special tool, maybe like a strap wrench. Ruger should sell one if they intended it to be a swap barrel, and I have not seen that advertised.
I would expect for the price point that the stock would be more like a cheap plastic. But the American Rifle is not alone in the flimsey forend world. My Tikka and Browning Abolt both have what I consider a "Too flexible forend". This has never hurt the Browning as it has been an absolute tack driver since I bought it in '97.

I have read a bit of debate on the ruger 10" 22-250 twist. I would check it with a Jag and tight patch. Others found a 1-14" and marketing misprint. I would love a 1-10" 22-250, sure would expand the bullet options

I have handled this rifle a couple of times. It seems like a pretty decent gun. However, I do not like the accutrigger on them. Call me ole school, but I prefer the feel of a trigger when I pull it rather than that piece of metal before I get to the trigger. Then once you get to the trigger, you now have what could be a hair trigger. Everyone that I have played with feels the same; you pull that "accutrigger" and then hit the main trigger (which is, as I feel it, now become a hair trigger). Give me a solid slow tigger pull over any of these new form triggers.

baltz526":g8s5u3ov said:
I have read a bit of debate on the ruger 10" 22-250 twist. I would check it with a Jag and tight patch. Others found a 1-14" and marketing misprint. I would love a 1-10" 22-250, sure would expand the bullet options

WOW ! :shock: Holy Cow - i will check that for sure ! Thks :) RJ

I was looking at one of these in 7mm-08 for the wife to use. Nice weight and length, however I was not impressed with the clip/locking mechanism on the magazine. It looked a little flimsy. Can anyone give any review on that?

Any word on the 1-10" part of the 22-250.. I am thinking it'd be a fun rifle if it is 1-10.. If not, I'd have to go with the 1-8 223...

I have one in 7mm-08 for my wife. I love that thing. It shoots one hole with my hand loads, she can handle it very well. I say for the price of the gun its a thumbs up in my book. I do think the clip is a pain to load but all in all im wanting one in a 223 for shooting rabbits. Short, light, accurate.

Back