sako

sako2

Handloader
Jan 5, 2019
Anyone have a sako finnwolf ? How do you like it?

Last edited:
Great rifles. Uncle owned a couple in 7 Rem Mag and 30-06. Played with another at the range when some new-to-hunting guy was having fits sighting his in. I think it was a 7 mag in that one too.

Great rifles. Uncle owned a couple in 7 Rem Mag and 30-06. Played with another at the range when some new-to-hunting guy was having fits sighting his in. I think it was a 7 mag in that one too.
I might be wrong on this, and someone more knowledgeable than I can correct me as appropriate...
But if memory serves the Sako VL63 Finnwolf lever action rifle was only available in short action chamberings...243, 244, 308, and 358. The 243 and 308 being the most common of this rare/scarce rifle.

Beautiful rifles, and pricey. Have never had the funds when I have seen them for sale, and never found one for sale when I have had the funds.

I screwed up on the op and said finnbear and edited it. It is VL63 Finnwolf in 308.

I think @FOTIS has one. I would sure love to get one of them one day if I could find one that was reasonably priced.

I screwed up on the op and said finnbear and edited it. It is VL63 Finnwolf in 308.
That would explain the first response...no worries!
The Finnbear is a beautiful rifle.
My first 300 Win Mag was a Finnbear Deluxe (a gift from my father). Beautiful rifle with a smooth action. Started my experience and appreciation for Sako rifles, which has grown over time.

Yes. I bought it new about 10-15 years ago . It is in 308 and it was made in 1965 (my birth year)

Love it! Best lever ever IMO and I had them all---pretty much.
F8sxIrM.jpg

165 accubonds with varget----crappy pix

KViGgqC.jpg

LkBZ85W.jpg

Back