Schmidt & Bender

john480

Beginner
Feb 11, 2008
anybody have one??i have one and im not happy with it .the rubber ring for power ring came free .i called them and they said just crazy glue it .for the money thats bull sh--.

You could return it for repair. I think they were telling you what they would do.

I think they are great glass with good reliability based on my testing, but too heavy and bulky for my hunting rifle needs.

jim

The kind of money you spent on a S&B, the least they could do is offer you a repair/replacement!
I would try again to get it resolved. If no, sell it and buy a scope from a company that will stand behind their product 100%.

JD338

thats what i think there should be an question about it. they should of just ask for it back to fix it .it will be the last one i buy!!!

Not sure how S&B glass compares to Leupold high end glass but I can tell you that Leupold would have had you send it back and it would have been repaired or replaced, no questions asked.

I have had two self inflicted problems with Leupold products and they fixed them fast and at no charge. That is the reason why I will only buy Leupold.

Maybe you can talk to a S&B manager and get the problem resolved.

Let us know how it works out for you.

JD338

I'm very surprised that you are having this problem with S & B. I have never owned a S & B, but I have had occasion to send Zeiss back, and the service was very good. Even Bushnell (B & L) had good service when it was necessary to send a scope back.

I have to agree with DrMike.
Most every high end optics company I've ever dealt with has bent over backwards to preserve their reputation. You might have reached someone like me :roll: on a bad day. I wouldn't give up too easy. If you do want to sell the scope put it up in classifieds in this sight and someone here will probably pick it up if the price is right and fight the battle with S&B themselves. Best of luck. :wink:
Greg

Back