Scirocco & RL-17 270 wsm

Wow!! Now that is a load to hunt anything with right there. Ain’t nothing I wouldn’t hunt with that combo!!!

Incredible speed and unreal accuracy. Congrats on a great load work up!

Thanks guys, but it seems this rifle just plain wants to shoot. It's been super easy finding loads that work.

Great shooting!

RL17 remains my "go to" powder for the WSMs. That kind of speed and accuracy is tough to beat!

hodgeman":2zefxzi8 said:
Great shooting!

RL17 remains my "go to" powder for the WSMs. That kind of speed and accuracy is tough to beat!

17 is good but if you ever get a chance to try 26 hold on and watch that chrono Mike. It’ll make your eyes bug out. Pretty slick in the 6.5 with heavies too...

SJB358":2fwrf940 said:
hodgeman":2fwrf940 said:
Great shooting!

17 is good but if you ever get a chance to try 26 hold on and watch that chrono Mike. It’ll make your eyes bug out. Pretty slick in the 6.5 with heavies too...

I did 10 shot load development with RL 26 and 130 Scirocco's with very impressive speeds, and found two nodes. One about midway and another right at max, but I haven't shot any groups yet. With 140 AB's it's a screamer and accurate to boot..I'd bet it would work fantastic with a 150 ABLR or Partition...

Very nice shooting. That's a combo right there that would likely be impressive on the receiving end of a broad range of animals.

Good looking load and some fine shooting to boot. I've never loaded any scirocco's but I would love to give the 100gr .257 a try one day in my 25.06.

Back