Scope for Nosler .35 Whelen

Great news, congrats on your elk. Looking forward to seeing some pictures :) The Whelen hits hard that is for sure and it is hard to beat the 225 gr AB for an all purpose load. Have to say it again I really like the looks of your set up.

STS45":2u8n7a1o said:
ELK DOWN. After staking so elk way up the damn mountain I got a quick shot in the trees about 100 yards away up hill. Rifle and scope worked great. Felt very natural. Elk dropped like it was hit with lightning. Broke both shoulders. Two inch exit wound with a river of blood. Nosler factory 225 grain Accubonds. Love this rifld

Outstanding performance. I really like the looks of that rifle as a practical hunting rifle!

Jeez I can't type on this phone! My last reply was all misspelled! Of course I left my phone in the truck. I'll get some pics posted of the mountain and the rifle in its natural setting. It's a killer rifle.

STS45":305jdg7e said:
Jeez I can't type on this phone! My last reply was all misspelled! Of course I left my phone in the truck. I'll get some pics posted of the mountain and the rifle in its natural setting. It's a killer rifle.

I remember a couple folks saying how well the Whelen works... :grin:

Here are some of the few pics I took before I forgot my camera. This is earlier in the morning. The Whelen is in the pack and I'm carrying my dads Model 70 (no clue why). The Whelen is also pictured at the top of one of the many mountains I hiked to glass. We got the elk all the way up the right side of the mountain where the tree line ends and the steep granite starts. LONG pack out.

Definitely looks as if you worked to get that elk. Always enjoy seeing the field dress and the conditions in which we hunt.

Congratulations on the Elk. Being part of the Whelen family I knew that combo would do the job for you :wink:. There are not many hunting situations where the Whelen would not work.
Thank you for the post and the photos.

Blessings,
Dan

Back