Scope rings for Ruger #1

AK7AN

Beginner
Oct 30, 2015
Unfortunatly the Ruger #1 I picked up for my wife's Christmas did not come the factory scope rings. I checked the Ruger website and they are very proud of their rings. Was just wondering about other options? Does anyone else supply scope rings that fit these rifles?
Thanks
Ed

Was it supposed to come with rings? Ruger rifles used to have them included... Sometimes dealers remove them for one reason or another.

I've heard of Ruger sending a set of rings when one of their rifles was delivered without the rings... Not sure that would still happen, but it might be worth a phone call. I've always been happy with the quality of Ruger scope rings.

Guy

Thanks Guy.. The rifle was used from Cabelas Gun library.. so who knows what happened to the rings..

345 kv":u2uib43h said:
I have a set of Warn quick detach rings on my 9.3x74 and they have worked well.

That's a very cool rifle! I thought about getting one, when I ran across my .375 Number One. Would have been equally happy with either. The 9.3 seems to be lighter and handier too.

Guy

If I understand it correctly, if the rifle came with iron sights, rings were not included. No sights than the gun came with rings. That's the way it has been for every one of the Ruger #1 rifles I've bought. From what I understand though, it hasn't always been that way. Bean counters maybe?
Paul B.

On a recent visit to Nosler SPS I noticed they have a set of 1" Ruger rings for about $50, might contact them.

Jim

Warne & Leopold make Ruger ring mounts also. Don't know if there is any price advantage. Don't believe you can mix them because they have height differences. You could put a wanted to buy post over on Rugerforum.com. If you call Ruger they will want the serial # so they can match the finish. I personally would go that route.

I've got a #4 and a #5 in gloss blue that I'd part with. Not sure what height you need for a #1.

So I went ahead and ordered a pair from Ruger.. might as well have it all match up..Top of the line rifle and I was whining over $25 :lol: .. Funny what we will try to save on..
Thanks for all the replies and offers.
Happy New Year all
Ed

PJGunner":125c14s0 said:
If I understand it correctly, if the rifle came with iron sights, rings were not included. No sights than the gun came with rings. That's the way it has been for every one of the Ruger #1 rifles I've bought. From what I understand though, it hasn't always been that way. Bean counters maybe?
Paul B.

Every flavor of No. 1 I've purchased new has included rings.
---
While Leupold and Warne do make rings, they are a different color than factory Ruger rings. They generally match new matte finish scopes fairly well.

Back