scopes on my 264- sighting in issues

Same here Guy. I've got a shim under mine right now. No issues and holds up to your loads of the 425 PDJ over way too much H322.

Ive had a .010 piece of Brass shim stock under the front Leupold base on my Mauser for years. I could blame the occasional flier on it but I think its more likely the "nut" behind the trigger. :) My issue was the reverse of yours. Couldnt go low enough. Hence the front base. I suppose its not ideal, but its the reality for us mere mortals with normal pocket books. CL

I have an older Whitworth Mauser that has a .010 shim under the rear mount. It has been there for over 40 years now. The scope holds zero and is straight. There is no torque or stress on the scope tube with the spacer in place under the rear mount. It is not apparent on looking at the gun and has had no effect on accuracy or zero. It does not seem worth the effort to fix the mismatch?

WOW what a difference- bore sighted it then went to the range, fired a few rounds to get it zero'd in. Then shot a 5 shot group at 1 1/4 inches. I should have stopped with the first 3 shots because it was 3/4 of an inch group. All the frustration faded away maybe this will be the yr I draw an antelope tag.

Rogue- I have been there. So glad it worked out for you. - its fun when things come together. Careful though, hang out here to much and that 3/4 inch group wont be good enough. :) (Kidding) again, glad it worked out, CL

If shims correct the misalignment between bases, they should help keep the scope level and reduce the need for sanding the bore of the rings.

Back