Scored on .375 Noslers!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Wow! A friend of mine, who is no longer hunting big game, sold me his stash of .375 bullets today:

100 x 300 gr Partition Spitzers
50 x 300 gr Partition round-nose (old)
100 x 270 gr Partition round-nose (old)

The "old" round nose bullets are the Noslers I remember from the 1970's, with a distinct "step" in the mid-section, a huge exposed lead tip, and the appearance of what looks like machine/lathe marks on the bullet jacket.

Also in the lot was:

50 x Hornady 300 gr RN FMJ "solids"
50 x Hornady 300 gr RN soft point bullets

50 x Sierra 300 gr SPBT
50 x Speer Grand Slam 285 gr soft points

Quite an amazing haul, for the price of one box of bullets... :shock: Then we spent the day shooting our .308's at 600 yards. Great day despite the 100+ degree temps!

Guy

Congratulations! That was indeed a great haul. It is always good when such things happen to ensure that the fraternity of shooters continue to care for one another. A special thanks to your friend is in order, no doubt.

That is a great haul of bullets! If you get a chance, throw a pic or two up of the older Nosler bullets. I would like to see some of them. Be cool to find a load and use them. Maybe just for nostalgia purposes! Scotty

I always liked the looks of the screw-turned Nosler Partitions, especially after I shot my first Rocky Mountain mule deer in Idaho in 19(mumble). I think I still have some .375/300gr and .284/160gr.

jim

Back