Scouting out a place to go long

Yeah all you guys just rub it in on a poor guy who has to watch where he shoots a pellet rifles for fear of what's behind it :shock:
Really just envious of what you have available. :grin:

WOW.. beautiful country for sure. Out here in Utah there are a lot of places to shoot long range, but just as Guy said, you have to be careful someone doesn't show up in your shooting lane..
I am a few years out from retirement, but my wife and I already know that wherever we land we will have our own space to shoot... We, (she) can really burn up the ammo. Keeps me busy reloading.
Take care
Ed

I'm anxious to give it a go . late archery and flintlock season is over Jan 14 . I'll wait until the season is over before I get in there shooting . I don't want to be in there shootin up an area someone could be hunting .

I've looked at three ranges within an hour or so of me that are 1000 yards . it seems a couple really don't want big guns there . they won't allow a guy to join and just use the range on off days without supervision for awhile , you prove yourself during matches .one club has something going on just about daily, really no off days . one club is closed on off days . also the new guy must shoot a few of their matches before being considered for membership . one range only takes new members when an old member drops out . then the remaining members vote on the new guy . if you don't shoot their matches they don't know you , so it's a no vote . I don't get it , but that's the way it seems to be . I'm not sure if it's a safety thing , maybe vandalism , or just the good ole boys club . a yearly membership fee of around $100 should be high enough to keep the rif raf out , but these are the hoops you need to jump through to join .

Back