Seeking havak 6.5 PRC

Thebear_78

Handloader
Sep 30, 2004
I picked up a second havak the other day. Found one on a local classified and couldn’t pass it up.

This one is in 6.5 PRC.
671c0bf07f26bc95b8ad05f5511cd1b3.jpg

I happened to have a vortex PST G2 5-25 sitting in a set of sermons rings on a shelf in the gun room. Turned out to be a perfect fit.

Imagine my dismay when I could find ZERO components for it. No brass, dies, even any bullets. After much searching I found a set of Hornady FL bushing match dies and 240 1x fired Hornady brass. The dies should be here by the first of next month.

The only bullets I have on hand are some 140gr Berger hybrid target. Hopefully I can find some 142 LRAB or similar to work up a hunting load with.

Anybody else struggling to find basic components out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool score Bear. I’ve heard nothing but great things about the Seekins rifles.

Yeah, we’re having to dig a lot deeper these days for components. They’re out there, but it isn’t always just hitting Midway or Grafs and ordering them up anymore.

Congratulations on your find, it's a good one.
Yes, components are difficult to find. My wife just got a 30 Nosler and thanks to the great members here, I was able to get .308 180 gr AB and BT bullets.

I've got some Hornady 140 gr Spire Point bullets if you are interested.

JD338

Components have been tough a couple months...I think we have a year of rough sledding.. manufacturing capacity isn’t equal to the demand at present.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6.5 140gn bullets are really hard to find. 130gn are out there. And the good powders for the 6.5 prc are about gone.

Anyone ever use that 140 GMX? I have almost no experience with the GMX line

Bear i don't have any experience with them. I looked on hornady's site. They say thier good for deer and elk. It's a mono bullet.

I will be using my thunderbeast ultra 9 supressor on it. Recoil will be minuscule.

Back