Sendero II in 264 back in stock

Yup I had 2 of them. Very nice. If I did not have a 6.5 Bee on order from the Bee custom shop......

Good move on Remington's part. Great cartridge; and the Sendero was an excellent firearm.

gerry, I know it is not a lefty but the Sendaro is in my opinion the best factory rifle that Remington has ever made & in your calibre :mrgreen:.
Just saying my friend :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

It is a nice one Dan, but I do still have my Pac Nor barreled 264 WM. Even though it looks to be getting close to the end of it's useful barrel life it still shoots not bad. Currently sighted in with 100 gr partitions propelled by RL 22, shoots not bad. I made those up to go wolf hunting but sadly haven't made it out for them yet this winter.

Wow, 100's out of the 264 must really get it. I was seeing 3300 from my 25-06 with 100 ETips today. Was pretty impressed. Can't imagine what the 264 must put on them...

I tried putting them over the Chrony last winter but in the poor light I couldn't get a reading. All I know is there isn't much drop out to 300 yards when sighted in at 250 :) I should stretch it out in the spring to see what it does farther out.

That's crazy. It has to be 3500-3600 I'd think. Never loaded anything less than a 125... 100's must be dynamite on just about anything.

What are you going to do with your 264? Rebarrel?

My Sendero in 25-06 was a one holer, but I couldn't stand to carry it any farther than from the truck to the bench.

I figured since the barrel is coming to the end of it's life I don't mind experimenting with the 100's. I carried it a couple of times for deer but ended up using the 260 Rem on the 5 I shot.

I was going to do a 270 Wby but found after using it I really like the regular 270 Win a lot more. I do still have a thing for the 308 Norma and have dies and brass already so one day almost certainly that's what it will become. Brand new take off 300 WM barrels for a Rem 700 are pretty easy to come across.

gerry":uhezbogn said:
I figured since the barrel is coming to the end of it's life I don't mind experimenting with the 100's. I carried it a couple of times for deer but ended up using the 260 Rem on the 5 I shot.

I was going to do a 270 Wby but found after using it I really like the regular 270 Win a lot more. I do still have a thing for the 308 Norma and have dies and brass already so one day almost certainly that's what it will become. Brand new take off 300 WM barrels for a Rem 700 are pretty easy to come across.

The Norma is a cool 30 caliber for sure. I guess you have alot of options. I do really like the 264 though. Todays bullets and powders make it even easier to get those factory speeds today. I have some RL33 and 26 I am going to try soon.. 25 is very accurate in mine..

SJB358":2e0phecj said:
That's crazy. It has to be 3500-3600 I'd think. Never loaded anything less than a 125... 100's must be dynamite on just about anything.

My sendero 264 did 3400 with the 120 Ballistic tips

FOTIS":trv5p5q7 said:
SJB358":trv5p5q7 said:

My sendero 264 did 3400 with the 120 Ballistic tips

Man, maybe if I get my hands on some 120
ETs I'll give them a shot in my 264... Those might be wicked in that demon.

Scotty,
This is the next logical step up from the 25/06 with out getting into a custom build. With this gun you get those darn 6.5 bullets in a gun you know is going to be a tack driver and enough powder to get it screaming!
What a wicked outfit this would make for 5/600 yd sheep or caribou/ mulies/Wtail/speed goat etc, LR weapon........... bad to the bone.

Back