Share your spring 2020 bear hunting photos

Congrats Gerry that is a fine young boar and I am sure it will be tasty. I hope to hear that you made some bear brats :wink:. I know I am little to the table but I hope to spend a little more time on the site again.
I hope that everyone is doing well (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Dan, great to hear from you again, I think about you guys often. Glad you are doing well!

Another update, we went out on Friday night and camped out overnight. It was a "bachelor party bear hunt and campout" for our young friend who is getting married in a couple of months. We had a great time, the weather was cold so the bears were active even during the day. There was fresh snow just above us and it was wet overnight but we had a great time of course.

On Friday night our hunter connected on a young boar for meat, since he is getting married soon he wanted to get something for the freezer. He had always wanted to get a bear with a white patch on his chest and was overjoyed when this bear had it. Shot was around 80-90 yards or so and he made a perfect shot. It was his first animal with his new rifle and also his first with hand loads that he made by himself. He is very happy with his new rifle, a Browning X Bolt in 308, bullet used was the 165 gr Partition which performed great naturally.

49986780661_4875c05ab5_c.jpg

49986265038_9069b0aee1_c.jpg

On Saturday we saw a bunch of bears and we tried to fill his second tag with a big bear. We tried 3 different stalks on 3 big boars but came up empty. Those bears didn't get big by being stupid and gave us the slip each time even though we did everything right. Just the nature of hunting of course.

I'm proud of both of these young men, they did well and both made perfect shots on their bears. I couldn't resist snapping a picture on the way home of them sleeping :lol: Can't blame them we put in a solid effort and had a great time!

49986780596_67c8a535d1_c.jpg

49986780566_9e6bea663c_c.jpg

Congratulations to all, Gerry--both the young hunters and the instructor. Lovely young meat bear, to be sure.

Those bears with the blaze are great... That blaze is exceptionally strong too. Would make a great mount!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gerry it looks like you had a great time, the young fellow looked to be very happy with his trophy it is sure rewarding to harvest a animal with something you made yourself :wink:!
I saw in that one photo that even the young guys take the occasionally nap :lol: it remains of a Doctor we know and of course me after that first goat hunting excursion that I participated in :mrgreen:.
Please keep teaching those young people Gerry it is a joy to see our tradition being passed on.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":1nohd59w said:
Gerry it looks like you had a great time, the young fellow looked to be very happy with his trophy it is sure rewarding to harvest a animal with something you made yourself :wink:!
I saw in that one photo that even the young guys take the occasionally nap :lol: it remains of a Doctor we know and of course me after that first goat hunting excursion that I participated in :mrgreen:.
Please keep teaching those young people Gerry it is a joy to see our tradition being passed on.

Blessings,
Dan

Dan, the bear the young guy in the blue shirt got was only a few km from where you climbed the mountain with us looking for goats. We checked out where we climbed up to the top when you were here and there was sign from a big grizzly there. Wish we could have hunted him on that right of way, with some patience he would have eventually showed himself.

Thanks to the OP starting this thread.
I had / have a bear tag for Montana, I was going to use this past spring. I couldn't go, (C-19) Montana closed their spring season to out of state hunters. Looking forward to going in the Fall.

Take care

Back