She is here and she is one BAD A$$!!!

Gearing up for upcoming hunts right now Scott. Probably after the season. Got to break her in too.

Fotis - you just Keep out doing everyone - a Beautifull rifle it is ! :grin:

Cheers :) RJ

Sas874runner":6h77ue30 said:
Dang antelope better gain a 6th sense!
And Radar and Surface to air missiles and close in defenses and a ..............Bible! :shock:

Fotis,
What is the G1 on those bullets?

Scott

muleman":33dw1lfa said:
Sas874runner":33dw1lfa said:
Dang antelope better gain a 6th sense!
And Radar and Surface to air missiles and close in defenses and a ..............Bible! :shock:

Fotis,
What is the G1 on those bullets?

Scott

For the 350 grain Sierra, which appears to be in the photo here, Sierra quotes:

.805 @ 2,200 fps and above
.780 between 1,700 and 2,200 fps
.720 @ 1,700 fps and below
(I trust these numbers)

I would have to look up cutting edge's BC's. However, I have found their theoretical and published BC's to be severely inflated. I don't trust their published BC's anymore because of it.

I do agree with you on that. From what I heard Berger is working on a "heavy" 375 bullet. Maybe 350-400gr ?

I do know the GS custom 414 has a BC of 1.24 or so.

According to Dave Viers (after a recent conversation) 3150-3200 fps is easily done with the 414 gr. :shock:

I have the .bc for the 352 cutting edge at home written down, we bought 1000 of them and 1000 pieces of brass to use in the DTA HTI .375 conversion kit we ordered 10 months ago and still havent seen. I got the numbers from the guy who does all the ammo for dta's commercial sales, I amnot certain right now but .870 g1 bc comes to.mind and that is what he told me they proofed out to 3k yards. I will look when I get home and verify. I do know the bertram brass was reasonable at $1800 per thousand, but the bullets were $1500 per thousand plus almost three jugs of retumbo to load them, still initially cheaper than loading .338 lapua with new lapua brass.

Bertram has a well-earned reputation for producing "soft" brass. Work your loads up SLOWLY and watch for pressure signs.

George

Annealing is usually employed to reduce work hardening caused by sharp forming shoulders on cases.

You'd have to ask Bertram why they do it on the cases in question.

George

Right I understand the purpose and process of annealing brass, Was curious why bertram annealed so far down the case body.

Due to my family's situation in Greece, and my bad cataract problem in my right eye (shooting eye) I did not follow through with this project. I got some great news today from the local VA hospital. I am scheduled for next Wed Morning!!!

I am so excited!!!

Will be praying for you, your family, and surgeons, Fotis. I am faithful all will go well, and look forward very much to you being able to go out and show off your beast.

One question, why did you choose this caliber over a .375 Chey-tac or something similar? Was it uniqueness that appealed to you?

Good luck on the surgery, Fotis. I have had both eyes done and it brought my vision back to 20/15.

Here's wishing you a speed recovery and a blessing that the surgeons are proficient at the task in hand.

Crap! Sorry to hear it man. Hope the va takes care of you better than they do some other people

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Back