SHOTS

Tooter

Beginner
Oct 23, 2009
I noticed a box of bullets from Nosler in a magazine picture that was labeled SHOTS. They were 22 cal. 52 gr. HPBT. Are these custom competition bullets? Would they be a good varmint bullet? Are they available and if so where? The only reference to them I found on the web said that they were for kangaroo shooting, seriously. I thought that I might like to try some in my 225 Win.

Tooter,
My understanding of the SHOTS are that they are made for the downunder shooters. Mainly kangaroo and what other varmints they have that need taken care of. I was told that they are over runs and I bought a bunch. Haven't had the time to try them yet.
Russ

Thanks for the replies. Where did you guys purchase them? Rick, what were you hitting with them - paper or hair?

Got mine from the Pro-Shop. Used them on rabbbits, coyotes, turtles and crows. All DRT shots. Explosive kills.Rick.

Does anyone know if these are the competition bullets repackaged? If so then it appears that I'd be better off varminting with the 50 and 55 gr. ballistic tips, as they have higher B.C.'s. Thanks for the help.

Shots are a standard cup and core bullet. SHOTS stands for Standard Hunting Or Targert bullet. They group well, but are not a competition bullet. As mentioned before you can get them as seconds, when avaliable from the proshop. It's also rumored that the Nosler Shots are also supplied to some companies for use in their private label offeringins. It's rumored that some of the Midway Dogtown bullets are actually Nosler Shots.

Back