Sierra and Barnes Sold

grry10

Handloader
Dec 7, 2007
I read that Sierra and Barnes are being sold and that it is supposed to take place 1QTR24. It is appearently the same company that holds Savage. I hope we see improvements in product availability after it all settles out. Has anyone else read this?

When I read it the buyer was only listed as a U.S. based non-strategic buyer. Could be the same group that bought Savage from Vista, don't know.

Sierra bought Barnes back in 2020 for $30.5 Million. Now Sierra has been acquired by
Clarus Corp. reported in a regulatory filing that the business acquiring Sierra Bullets and Barnes Bullets is Bullseye Acquisitions, LLC, an affiliate of JDH Capital Company, the owner of Savage Arms and Pure Archery.

As previously reported, Clarus entered into a definitive purchase and sale agreement on December 29, 2023, to sell its Precision Sport segment (Sierra Bullets and Barnes Bullets) to a U.S.-based non-strategic buyer not affiliated with the company in an all-cash transaction for $175 million at closing.

JD338

I wonder just how long before they then get sold to some company overseas. Seems like that's to common thread lately.
Paul B.

Back