Sierra pro hunter 110gr bullet recovery

Her dad had sent me the bullet pics, now you got me scratching my head, I'm going over to his place tomorrow and will check it out again. These are the bullets I loaded for her and your right no boat tail!

My only guess is one of my wife's 130gr gameking SBT loads got into her rifle. I would have expected a gameking to hold more weight retension.

I can't believe I didn't notice that either. Good eye fotis

d53705d1dae4bf3a347f980dbc0deb00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mystery has been solved. When my buddy first built the rifle I have him 20 rounds of my wife's load using 130gr sierra gameking SBT. Mostly to test fire the rifle and get him started, Then I loaded him 50 using the 110 prohunter. She used these for most of her initial practice because the kicked less than the full power loads I had originally given him. Of these she had fired 40 of them. When they went hunting they grabbed two of the plastic 10rd holders from federal loaded ammo, thinking they were both 110 prohunter reduced loads. One of these was 110 prohunter a and the other was the full power 130gr gameking SBT. She just randomly grabbed the 130s while they were hunting. As the shot was close poi wasn't an issue and she never felt any increased recoil.

That had me really scratching my head until we figured it out. I guess this should be a report for the 130gr sierra gameking SBT.

Once again great catch fotis [emoji5]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back