Slow, slow, slow frustratingly so slow!

ElmerThud

Handloader
Jul 16, 2011
Had my MSch 6.5x54 'Takedown' now for more than a month and still no brass or reloading dies have turned up!
It's maddening! I have the rifle, I have the propellant, primers and two bullet types...but cannot do a thing until both brass and dies show up.

Scoping the rifle is an on-going project...its' never been scoped so selecting the right bases & rings has been difficult, but now the choice is made.
EAW.de (Ernst Apel, Wurzburg, Germany) mod: 500-00034 (claw mount QD bases/26mm rings)
Now looking for a good used Swarovski/Schmidt & Bender 8x56 scope with 1" tube.

One day Scotty, I'll be able to get stuck into the brilliant data you sent me & then I'll be set for the oncoming season...at least, I will if the brass & dies show up in time!

Do these suppliers not understand that an appointment with stags in September just will not keep?
ATB, ET

Waiting can be difficult in the extreme--we're ready to move, and we are compelled by circumstances to sit still. Hopefully all will be here shortly. I'm chomping at the bits waiting for an action for a build and shoving hard to pick up another that is now complete save for a scope that went missing.

Yup DrMike, it really is a pain when you can't just get on with a project. Good luck. Cheers, ET

Man, I feel your pain ET. I detest waiting!

I'm sure it'll be worth it though. It's a sweet rifle. Can't wait to see how it shoots.

I've been cleaning it up Scotty. Getting rid of old oil drying it out properly and getting some walnut oil into the stock too. It's looking somewhat better and the action is really slick now.
Barrel looks good but the muzzle may need re-crowning - I'll wait to see what it shoots like first though.
Pic of rotary magazine and proof marks yogether with number and year of proofing - 1922

Not much else to do now until the scope mounts, brass and dies arrive...hey ho!

Attachments

• Mannlicher Schoenauer 16020 007.JPG
    Mannlicher Schoenauer 16020 007.JPG
    485 KB · Views: 544
  • Mannlicher Schoenauer 16020 001.JPG
    Mannlicher Schoenauer 16020 001.JPG
    378 KB · Views: 544
  • Mannlicher Schoenauer 16020 1779.'22.jpg
    Mannlicher Schoenauer 16020 1779.'22.jpg
    546.8 KB · Views: 544
ET,

The waiting is the hardest part.
I hope it all comes together soon.

JD338

Just got a letter from Huntingtons/RCBS to say the dies are on backorder...but no indication of when they may be shipped!

Waiting is the pits...I want to get on with it.
Trouble is, all the die manufacturers have long lead times for these dies.
Ho hum. :roll:

I know the feeling ET. I ended up waiting just about 6 months for my 7mm MSM dies from RCBS and ultimately Midway. Maybe if we burn a Remington in tribute we can get the rifle gods to smile upon you! :lol:

SJB358":ioop88oo said:
I know the feeling ET. I ended up waiting just about 6 months for my 7mm MSM dies from RCBS and ultimately Midway. Maybe if we burn a Remington in tribute we can get the rifle gods to smile upon you! :lol:

That's pretty extreme! :shock: You could at least choose to burn something of value! :mrgreen:

Wow - I never realised Remingtons were so fondly :mrgreen: :roll: thought of.

ElmerThud":3kk1x69a said:
Wow - I never realised Remingtons were so fondly :mrgreen: :roll: thought of.
Yes, Remington makes good pry bars and firewood. [emoji2]

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

As Tom Petty so poetically put it, "The Waiting is the Hardest Part." :)

Be sure to let us know how she shoots. Those are neat old guns ET.

Well now...yesterday my brand new Mannlicher Schoenauer 6.5x54 RCBS dies & correct shellholders arrived...soon now I can start reloading now that all component parts are here.

Just trying to get the right scope mounts and fit them in our factory workshop & I'll be scuttling down to the range as fast as my aged little legs will carry me (y)

Back