Smith & Wesson M&P AR 15 Rifle

Vortex strike eagle mounted with LaRue QD mount on my 5.56.True 1x for both eyes open shooting and up to 6x for longer range.

for my 2 hunting ARs
my R25 308 has a leupold VX-3i 4.5-14 mounted with warn
my Aero Precision 6.8 SPC has a leupold VX-3i 3.5-10 mounted with Vortex cantilever

And a Vortex viper PST 1-4x on my S&W M&P 15-22 mounted with Vortex cantilever

Sat down this morning and mounted the base and ring combination and set up The Leupold scope. (Thank god for torque setting equipment) Everything went together great and now, the next item is ammo and a stop at the range. By the way the variable power illuminated reticle has got me spoiled already. What a great addition. thanks to everybody for the helpful comments and thanks to Guy for the equipment suggestions. One last question, does anybody load for this caliber. I know cheap ammo abounds but I'd like to get the most out of this caliber. Thanks again.

All of mine like either Benchmark powder or IMR 8208XBR with the 50 thru mid 60 gr bullets.Ymmv. :grin:
For the 55 gr, start Benchmark around 23.5 gr and work up.

Thanks DWH, I've done some research and found that Tac and H335 are also good powders to use. This should be an interesting experiment.

Back