So I called Burris customer service

HTDUCK

Handloader
Apr 18, 2009
Seems some knucklehead :roll: lost a turret cover off his Burris scope.
On hold for a few minutes and a fella name Scott came on the line.
Told him my silly little problem, he put me on hold for a second.
Came back said he had what I needed in hand.
Asked for my mailing addy.
Said he'd drop a pair of them in the mail.
Told him I only needed one.
He said " now you'll have a spare"
Asked him what the charge was.

His reply , " Nothing. Thanks for being a Burris customer"

Was researching Steiner optics recently and was reading an article that said in a nutshell that Beretta basically owns them and Burris Optics ? It did say the military line of Steiner's was still owned and made by Steiner in Germany. Great to know they still stand behind thier product like all companies that plan on long term business :grin:

Thank you for that post on customer service it is sure nice to see Burris look after the customer.
Sometimes I think it is becoming a thing of the past :(. So glad you posted.

Blessings,
Dan

HOGWILD338-378":3ayoz3nd said:
Was researching Steiner optics recently and was reading an article that said in a nutshell that Beretta basically owns them and Burris Optics ? It did say the military line of Steiner's was still owned and made by Steiner in Germany. Great to know they still stand behind thier product like all companies that plan on long term business :grin:

While I was on a brief hold the recorded message stated that they were now repairing Steiner products in the U.S.A.

Steiner optics are as of right now, made in Greeley Colorado by Burris. All parts fabrication, assembly and testing is done on three Steiner scope product families at the Burris facility in Greeley. Plus one line of Steiner binoculars is US Made as well. This a an emerging change of the business model for Burris and I have no idea where they are going with this except to upgrade product quality.

I've heard nothing but horror stories on their customer service over the Internet.
I've never had to use their service dept until now.
Over the years I've had several of their scopes and bought a buddy a pair of Binos.
Nothing has ever broken, no need to even call them.
Granted these are all hunting scopes that have been zeroed on a rifle with a specific load, but none has ever shifted zero. Not a target scope that we are constantly twisting turrets on.
One of these is a 3x9x40 Fullfield that has lived on top of a 300 Bee for about 7 years now.

For the initial investment I've been completely satisfied.

My buddy I bought the Binos for runs a waterfowl guide service.
His glasses get used for 6 months a year and treated very poorly.
He told me last month they were the greatest gift in the hunting gear sector he'd ever been given.

Back